Pride OK for 63/56 year old??

Avalon07

I am sending my brother on a cruise as a gift. He is 63 and his wife is 56. Is the Pride appropriate for them--or is the crowd usually young people? I was thinking in Feb 2010.

I like the Pride because it sails from Baltimore and he doesn't need to fly.

Thanks.

I would think any ship was appropriate?? Why wouldnt it be. Ages are always mixed. Since its not summer, you probably wouldnt be overrun with children.

You can watch the category you book for a senior rate drop, age 55 and up. Keep an eye, as anytime between now and Feb they could kick in for a while if they arent selling that cruise well.

Thanks. I have never sailed with Carnival--I thought maybe they attracted mostly young people.

dont worry about their ages. i just got off the fantasy for a 5 day caribbean cruise and there were many passengers over 50. it was a great cruise and i had a wonderful and fit right in with the seniors like myself. how gracious of you too do this for them. they will love the trip.

I think about the same as RCL, Holland America and Princess attract a older crowd ... as in their 70s and 80s ,, older than what your parents are. All are mixed though.

Well,,i am a vet of HAL. I would say the average cruiser is a tad older but not as much as everyone thinks. I am 57 and there are a lot of 30 and 40 somethings. You don't see a lot of 20 somethings on them, but a lot has to do with destinations. There were tons of kids on my Europe cruise.

On the reverse though, on SOME cruises there can be a lot of walkers, oxygen tanks and motorized scooters that clog the aisles so there are a LOT of older folks on there too. I caught and old guy falling down the stairs at a show one night,,the night vision is not there anymore and he didn't notice he was going down stairs. I will say its true about the ships going quiet by midnight.

This is another reason I want to try CCL. I think we will hang quite nicely with the young'uns and yes,,I can stay up way past midnight if i want to!

Avolon, what a wonderful thing to do for your brother. Can you adopt me as a sister? lol.

The Pride is a beautiful ship. I've been on her twice, and would love to sail her again as Baltimore is a close port for me also.

Be aware that there are a lot of nude paintings, not raunchy, but Rubenesk nudes, on that ship. To me it was beautiful art, but some people seem offended by it.

Also, the Pride is a narrower, longer, class of ship. My husband hates to walk the hallways to the cabins, because they seem very (miles) long. I found if you do most of the walking inside the middle of the ship, it doesn't seem near as long. Maybe because you have more to look around at. lol. Anyway, my point is, if either your brother or sister-in-law have any trouble with long hikes, try to get them a cabin close to an elevator. Happy Sails

Thanks. I have never sailed with Carnival--I thought maybe they attracted mostly young people.

Carnival is great for all ages and you'll see all ages on board. My mother is 72 and loves her Carnival cruises! I'm in my 40s and she and I cruise together on Carnival often and have a great time.

Oh now I see. The "party ships". lol Pay no attention to that.

My buddy who is 63 went on the Pride 2 weeks ago. First time Carnival cruiser as he usually cruises on Royal Caribbean. Well he must have liked it since he went on it again yesterday for another week.

They'll have a great time on the Pride.

Bill

When I was a TA and the statement that Carnival is "only for young people" comes up , Carnival use to tout that they cruise with more Seniors (55+) onboard than any other cruise line. I believe that is still true as ever.

Look for the largest Senior % to be onboard those Value Season cruises when schools are in session.

We loved the Pride....I'm 60 and Hubby is 70. What we like most about Carnival is......if you want the night life, it's there. If you want quiet time, it's there.

We usually cruise Princess but occasionally like to try other lines, just for the fun of it!

And Carnival is definitely for the "fun of it!"

I am sending my brother on a cruise as a gift. He is 63 and his wife is 56. Is the Pride appropriate for them--or is the crowd usually young people? I was thinking in Feb 2010.

I like the Pride because it sails from Baltimore and he doesn't need to fly.

Thanks.

We sailed on the Pride in August with daughter, son-in-law and grandson, and found the ship to have a good mixture of all ages, from very young to elderly. Your brother and his wife should be quite comfortable with their fellow passengers. We too picked the Pride because we did not want to fly and the drive from New York to Baltimore was an easy one. :)

We loved our cruise on Pride earlier this month. Very wide range of ages on the ship. We loved cruising from Baltimore, and want to go on the ship again for the other itinerary - Nassua; Half Moon Cay; Grand Turk; our cruise was Port Canaveral; Nassua; Freeport. The decor is definitely darker than most ships - not a big deal for us.

Archived