There seems to have been a slight problem with the database

shoreguy

No Kidding :D I feel for those on dial up service trying to access this board as of late. I get the following message every third click. Refresh on a high speed connection takes forever. Anyone else have the same issue.

CC Webmaster - I sent an email how about a status stickie, It seems that the database has grown to big for the servers or the traffic is exceeding cappacity.

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.

Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience"

It really would be nice if CC would post some type of general message. I know that some people have been thinking that it is their computer. While it is frustrating for the refresh to be so slow, it would have been nice to have a message letting us know that CC is aware of the problem and is working on it and it would hopefully be fixed by X date.

I haven't gotten any updates from the administrator since much earlier today. Maybe everything is on the mend! Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm experiencing the same things as all of you. :(

It is getting very frustrating - I just received this page about 50 times in a row trying to reach the boards.
Fifty times? Wow...maybe we need a support group for when we can't reach the boards. :D I'm sorry...I'm only joking. I know it's frustrating. The administrator told us that an update was being done on the boards today and it might be this afternoon before it was all done.

Well, it seems to be back up - the boards were completely down for a while and then when they came back up I had to log on again for the first time in ages - so obviously something's been done and completed.

I had to relog a while ago. Then went thru the 50 time error message. I keep hitting the link in my favorites. Once I hit the refresh button it came back. I think the link was taking me back to the same error page.

Don't think this will help anyone because they will need to get back on to read it :confused:

And mom's lesson to us all...if you are gonna do it, do it right!!! Lost a few great, witty, clever, insightful, perfect...oh, the horror, you all will never be able to read my lost genius threads...!!! Here is the lesson...ALWAYS write your reply in word, or at least copy, save so you do not lose your words of wisdom for all humanity!!!! heehee. Well, maybe my lost posts spared many people the pain of reading my posts! Celcilia, I work for one of the gigantic -ist (purposeful SP) Corps. in the world! Our servers are down several times a week! I seem to be conditioned at this point as all the glitches yesterday didn’t really faze me, just par for the course in my daily work life! And yes, this is a bonafide, certified word copied pre-post!!!

Here is the lesson...ALWAYS write your reply in word, or at least copy, save so you do not lose your words of wisdom for all humanity!!!!
Fantastic advice!

I also thought it was my computer....or even worse, ME!

I can't seem to post a new thread. Hope that this gets fixed before my cruise!:) I have a question I wanted to ask. :D

We have A LOT of ice and snow here in PA. Can't wait to be basking in the sun instead of freezing my toes and my nose! :p

PA Cruisers.

I also thought it was my computer....or even worse, ME!

I can't seem to post a new thread. Hope that this gets fixed before my cruise!:) I have a question I wanted to ask. :D

We have A LOT of ice and snow here in PA. Can't wait to be basking in the sun instead of freezing my toes and my nose! :p

PA Cruisers.

If you can't post you have login again - first time back if forgets who you are.

Upper right of the page to login.

I did log in again, but I can only post a reply (as you can see), not a new thread. At the top right corner it says, "Welcome, PA Cruisers2" so I must be in. When I post a new thread a screen comes up that says there was a fatal message error....(I hate when I do that :( ). Any suggestions?

PA Cruisers2

I know that it seems odd to ask this question, (if there is a problem, how was I able to post?) but am I the only one that is still getting that error message some of the time when you go to look at posts? Maybe I just need a drink.

I know that it seems odd to ask this question, (if there is a problem, how was I able to post?) but am I the only one that is still getting that error message some of the time when you go to look at posts? Maybe I just need a drink.

It was you - you broke it :D Are you happy now??

At least there boards are back

Archived