Help booking an inside & balconey room

schultz

We are 2 families looking at booking two bacloney rooms and an inside cabin for our teenagers. How do we go about doing this? Does one adult have to be registered for the inside? What about their S & S cards. Can we have it so our kids charges are put on our room charges? Any advice & tips would be appreciated.

depends on how much you trust your kids... do you want them to have free reign on the ship for their spending, or would you rather load the cards with cash? You can purchase soda cards for them to take care of their drinks...maybe make them earn the cash for their S and S cards for other expenditures while onboard?

I would recommend you contact a PVP directly, and let them help you co ordinate the rooms...

I believe that one adult would have to be registered for the inside room...but again, that might be something you can ask the PVP directly.

I would say the general rule is that yes, you have to book each cabin with one adult and then change it once you are on the ship. However, we have booked the kids by themselves. The sign and sail cards can be connected to the main account with no problem. We know Carnival doesn't always follow their own rules.

They will have you put one adult name on the cabin the teenagers are in but they don't do bed checks to see who sleeps where:p

When you fill out your sign and sail papers you will be asked which passengers have authorized use.

hope this helps

Also as a JMHO use a carnival pvp and not a travel agent when booking it makes it easier to change things if your cabin prices drop. Often TA's will not honor the price drop or if they do it is not a pleasant experience

We are 2 families looking at booking two bacloney rooms and an inside cabin for our teenagers. How do we go about doing this? Does one adult have to be registered for the inside? What about their S & S cards. Can we have it so our kids charges are put on our room charges? Any advice & tips would be appreciated.

First of all, get a good PVP, CVS or TA (Carnival's Personal Vacation Planner, or a Travel Agent)

The rule require that guests under the age of 21 must be traveling either with an adult in their cabin OR in the cabin directly across, next to, or at an angle from the parents/guardian's cabin.

Contrary to popular belief, adults DON'T have to be listed in the cabin with their children for the reservation to be legal (as long as the parents/guardians are right across or next door as I wrote above). The only time that this would be necessary is if there are no cabins availble across from each other or next to each other. In this case, you would need to list an adult in each cabin.

I absolutely agree.. a Carnival PVP will be your GREATEST help here...that is after all, what they're there for!!

I didn't ask anything special of my PVP, but I'd recommend him to anybody.. he helped me with cabin selection, port transfers, and was a JOY to speak to.

You can book the children directly across from the parent, however, as I read it you want children from both families in one cabin, so impossible to be directly across from both sets of parents ... so you probably wouldnt be allowed to book children together, unless they are in the same family and directly across from their parents, (or next to, which probably isnt possible with inside and balconys), ... sounds like you need help booking this.

Contrary to popular belief, adults DON'T have to be listed in the cabin with their children for the reservation to be legal (as long as the parents/guardians are right across or next door as I wrote above). The only time that this would be necessary is if there are no cabins availble across from each other or next to each other. In this case, you would need to list an adult in each cabin.

this is an untrue statement. This will depend on the sailing-- and the person booking you.

I, for one had run in with this as my son who was 22, with his girlfriend 21 was not allowed to book their own 18 month old child in the room with them as they were not 25 years old. She had to be booked in with me and yes we were across the hall.

As for the kids charging--- I would turn the cards off. Not much for kids to buy on the ship anyways.

PS- also you want to let those teens know the phone in the cabin costs like 8.99 a minit to call the boyfriend /girlfriend at home.

this is an untrue statement. This will depend on the sailing-- and the person booking you.

I, for one had run in with this as my son who was 22, with his girlfriend 21 was not allowed to book their own 18 month old child in the room with them as they were not 25 years old. She had to be booked in with me and yes we were across the hall.

I can kinda see how the reps who are trying to follow rules would be confused how to apply it since your son and his gf were not marries .. they cant handle something out of the norm. If they had been married then there wouldnt have been a issue.

Your situation was very unique, but what I wrote is not untrue. The situation that you found was still of a minor (the 18 month old) not traveling with someone who was over the age of 25 (even if it was their own parent).

Once again, your case was very unique, but it seems like it was one of those situations where the rules in place aren't quite broad enough to accomodate them. Carnival should've used enough common sense to allow them to travel together.

Interestingly enough, had your son and his girlfriend been legally married but both under the age of 21 (but 18 or over), they could've traveled without someone over the age of 25 in their cabin...

Finally, it doesn't "depend on who books you". Whether you book through a PVP, TA or any other source, the minor rules are the same across the board. No PVP/TA/CVS/website gets special treatment.

Which class ship are you going on? The Spirit class have a couple of insides that connect to a balcony cabin at the front of the ship......that might be an option.......

The rule require that guests under the age of 21 must be traveling either with an adult in their cabin OR in the cabin directly across, next to, or at an angle from the parents/guardian's cabin.

This poster is CORRECT. We were going to book this way. However, because dh and I are past guests we listed him and myself in the seperate cabins so that we could benefit if there were price drops. We will switch our listing when we board the ship. We did something similar with traveling companions last year.

I'm interested in where the inside joining the balcony is on the Spirit.

you have to have 1 adult/ child per room on the documents - then when u move in just switch keys :)

you can give the kids charging priviledges on their own card if you wish to do so.

.... except if the children are your own ...then they can be booked in their own cabin across or next to you.

I can kinda see how the reps who are trying to follow rules would be confused how to apply it since your son and his gf were not marries .. they cant handle something out of the norm. If they had been married then there wouldnt have been a issue.

I wish I could see that?

How do people get to book their kids in their own cabin across the hall and my grand daughter was not allowed to be booked in her own cabin since there wouldnt be someone over the age of 25.

If you can see the difference--please explain to me.

I do understand the rule- what i dont understand is why it is enforced for some but not all.

Archived