Princess Visa Card

SF

Is it possible to apply and get approved for a Princess Visa card while on a Princess Ship? Was wondering if it's possible as that is how we originally got our RCCL credit card and would like to get one from Princess on our upcoming cruise.

Is it possible to apply and get approved for a Princess Visa card while on a Princess Ship? Was wondering if it's possible as that is how we originally got our RCCL credit card and would like to get one from Princess on our upcoming cruise.

Why wait. You can apply on the internet now.

http://www.princessvisa.com/

I know I could apply on the internet but they don't give you immediate acceptance or use of the card and since we are leaving today unless you can apply on board it will have to wait until we get home. When we were on RCCL and decided to apply they approved you right away plus you could use the card immediately on board for your charges even without the card itself. All you had to do was give the number to the front desk. We were hoping it was the same with Princess.

Yes, you may apply while on board. We did this on the Ruby last November. Your charges for the cruise will be applied to that account number immediately. Plus you will get bonus points just for applying. You will recieve your card within 2 weeks.

Joe

Thanks Joe for replying so fast. Glad to hear it is the same and that we will be able to use our card while on board. Where exactly on the ship did you apply, do they have a separate desk area?

The representative was located right next to the Captian Circle desk.

Thanks.:)

dinahdoll:

The card is used just like a credit card but for every dollar you spend you get points which can be used for shipboard credit as well as other perks with Princess.

If I remember correctly, one gets 10,000 points for signing up and making a balance transfer at a low interest rate for 6 months. Keep in mind there is a 3% transfer fee and if there are any new charges they will be at the normal interest rate and no payments will be applied to the new charges until the balance transfer is paid off. maybe a Princess Visa Card isn't such a good deal after all.

Basically, you get 1% back on purchases, in the form of points to buy OBCs or other Princess items. It's double (2%) on Princess charges. If you save up to 40,000+ points before you redeem, your % back increases (i.e. they'll give you more than $0.01 per point in value).

We have this and only use it to pay for Princess cruises/charges. Even so, we just paid for a $7,000 cruise, and that's 14,000 points right there! And we're going to have onboard charges on the card as well, plus we got 5,000 just for signing up and using the card once.

As the previous poster mentioned, we could get another 5,000 points for a balance transfer, but there are so many fees and charges associated with that we're not interested.

Does anybody know whether you get charged commission on currency exchange and whether it would have benefits for those in the UK to use it rather than a standard UK credit card?

Have not heard anything about this card before, and if we are charged currency exchange rates on our normal visa card, but not on this card, it might be more beneficial.

It's a Barclays card, so you can call them up and ask. But my (general) understanding is that if you open a $US Visa card account, then there are no translation charges for $US Visa transactions. But you have to pay the bill in $US.

I use it just for Princess charges ($1=2pts.) -

Pay cruisefare: $2,500= 5,000 pts. = $50 OBC

(If you are 'short' just (pre) charge $$ to your on-board account to 'get to 5,000 pts. then request a $50 OBC 'reward')

VOILA! $50 OBC

We are 1800 points from getting $500.00 off each of our Jan 2009 cruise, just for using the card for everyday things over the last two years. We pay the bill each month in full. Free cruise money!!!!!!!!!!!! Great deal if you can pay each month with no interest, bad deal if you don't.

for anyone planning to use the reward points, remember to contact card services way ahead of time. I didn't realize how much ahead, and was not able to use our points on our last cruise - I was trying to do it maybe a week to ten days ahead of time.

No loss, I didn't lose the points, and now I have those plus more for our upcoming March 2010 cruise.

I was thinking of using my points to pay off a chunk of my final bill, but, think it would be a better use of points to put the balance of my bill on the card, then have that much more points (at double) for on board credit - since it's Hawaii and a 14 day cruise and there are going to be one or two expensive excursions ;).

Does anybody know whether you get charged commission on currency exchange and whether it would have benefits for those in the UK to use it rather than a standard UK credit card?

Have not heard anything about this card before, and if we are charged currency exchange rates on our normal visa card, but not on this card, it might be more beneficial.

From their T&C

. General- The Princess Rewards™ Visa Card is issued by Barclays Bank Delaware ("Barclays"). Barclays reserves the right to modify, cancel or terminate the Princess Rewards™ Program at any time with or without notice. The Princess Rewards™ Visa Card is only open to U.S. residents at least 18 years old.

I use an airline Visa or MC for my cruise. Just bought 2 first class Euro tickets for summer cruise at 130000 miles that sells for $12000 each. How does that compare to this card? That's around 10c a point.

-

It's a 'fulltime job' to juggle all the cards and all the promos out there -

(You have to have very good credit to keep churning cards)

- I've NEVER paid $$ for Bus./First Air -(and I wouldn't fly overseas coach)

and Never paid $$ for overseas Hotels. (use Hotel pts.) :p

I use Princess Visa for Princess charges only - $1 = 2 pts. (don't waste on $1=1pt) :rolleyes:

-

It's a 'fulltime job' to juggle all the cards and all the promos out there -

(You have to have very good credit to keep churning cards)

- I've NEVER paid $$ for Bus./First Air -(and I wouldn't fly overseas coach)

and Never paid $$ for overseas Hotels. (use Hotel pts.) :p

I use Princess Visa for Princess charges only - $1 = 2 pts. (don't waste on $1=1pt) :rolleyes:

And you taught me well, my friend. :D

The real value of the Princess card is for high spenders. The point value at low levels is only 1 to 1, but for 300,000.00 worth of spending, you get a cruise valued at $7,500.00 and that is 2.5 cents per dollar spent.

I believe it is the best cruise related card out there since the demise of the old NCL card which was 3% from dollar one.

Archived