Why would a person over 50 want to cruise on carnival?

wizard-of-roz

Wizard-of-Roz you rock! And I would cruise with you anyday! Phooey on the fuddy-duddies. It shows the 21 years I spent in the Navy meant something. Even the fuddy-duddies have freedom of speech.

I don't have to defend anything. I am 52 my DW 47 and we are in the best years of our lives.

I sit here in my tie-dyed shirt and equally loud lounge pants (yes I will have them onboard!). I'm loud and I'm proud. And if the fuddy-duddies don't like the party, leave the lounge. YOU AIN'T GONNA BRING US DOWN TO YOUR LEVEL.

So, party on Garth.:D

You are too cute.....I hope we get to cruise together, one day! ;)

Some will ask "Why?" I'll ask "Why not?"

We ain't dead, yet!

Back when the kids were younger, just sitting still reading a book uninterrupted was a MAJOR treat. Didn't need a party - just needed some peace & quiet.

I'm more likely to party now. I'm way less self-conscious these days (no one knows me, so who cares, as long as I can get my hands on DH's camera and delete the more - ummmm - incriminating evidence. :eek:)

We are over 50 in age, but not mentality. ie, I may grow old, but I don't act mature. I never really thought about it, but Carnival is not for the party animals in their 20's anymore, it's a cruise line that is inexpensive, and it celebrates the family and the singles, the young and the old.:)

I was born 68 years ago, but I have no idea how old I am. Don't wanna know either!:p

I'm only reminded everytime I look into the mirror......I swear, there are times I don't know who that gal is......and, then there's times, I know exactly who she is!!!!! ;)

Because, if you're tired of the "same old", "same old"......And, you just need to "kick-it-up-a-notch" by booking a Carnival cruise.

We don't do a lot of Carnival cruising, honestly, my heart couldn't take it, not to speak of my nerves. But, when we do......it's always fun!!!!! :)

If you're over 50 try it! Or, if you've already tell me what you do. Share some of your secrets. I'll never tell!

---------------------------

I am not over 50 but my Mum is. We took our first Carnival cruise in 2004 and have been on 6 since. We have also sailed with Royal Caribbean.

My Mum loves loves Carnival. She is a laid back person and loves to catch up on her reading and relax. She likes it because even with all the spirited activities on the ships, she can still find a quiet place to "chill."

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. For the OP to assume that people over 50 are the walking dead is not only sad and limiting, but is insulting.

And then everyone over 50 feels compelled to take up the banner and explain that not everyone over 50 is taking the early-bird special and in bed by 6:00 pm. Why justify? Why defend? It was a stupid question from the OP to begin with.

----------------

The OP did not write that people over 50 are the "living dead" or anything remotely related to that line of thought.

I think it is best to make sure you understand context before flaming. :)

Thank you.

P.S. Carnival is for all ages, IMHO.

OMG I didn't know 50 was old. I better cancel my zipline excursion in Costa Rica, it may be to much for me. Oh well what a way to go!

I agree with you Cruise mamma! I don't have plans to do a zip line but I love the roller coasters and even though I come off them a little disoriented I know they will do me in one day. But I hope to go like Rusd02, "WOOHOO! What a ride!"

I'm only reminded everytime I look into the mirror......I swear, there are times I don't know who that gal is......and, then there's times, I know exactly who she is!!!!! ;)

I mostly agree....

What I can't figure out is why I sometimes see my mother looking back at me from the bathroom mirror.... :D:o:p

My wife and I are in our 60's and didn't start cruising until our late 50's. Yes, we are particular when we cruise. Although Carnival is fun for children and adults of all ages, cruising during "spring break" is way too much fun!

Several years ago, we were on a cruise out of Tampa. On board was a chapter/group of the "Red Hat Ladies" - you talk about people having fun, these ladies were fabulous!

My wife and I were some of the youngest people on the ship. In fact, one lady, I suppose she was a retired teacher, asked if we were allowed outside of Camp Carnival, and also wanted to know if we had a hall pass!

As I said, Carnival is fun for people of all ages!

---------------------------

I am not over 50 but my Mum is. We took our first Carnival cruise in 2004 and have been on 6 since. We have also sailed with Royal Caribbean.

My Mum loves loves Carnival. She is a laid back person and loves to catch up on her reading and relax. She likes it because even with all the spirited activities on the ships, she can still find a quiet place to "chill."

Your "Mum" is so right. The "spirited" stuff is there, if you want it. And, the chance to get away and just relax and read is also there.

It's the very reason I like to cruise. There's something for everybody.

Archived