Onboard Carnival Elation

wrf2e

Thanks so much for the photos and for the azipods update. We sail Monday on the Elation, so I might not catch your review before we leave... any crucial points we need to know ahead of time?? :)

Again, I really appreciate all the info you've shared to date.

Thanks so much for the photos and for the azipods update. We sail Monday on the Elation, so I might not catch your review before we leave... any crucial points we need to know ahead of time?? :)

Again, I really appreciate all the info you've shared to date.

Nothing crucial. Everything went pretty painless...I don't know what the San Diego port schedule is like for Monday but when we shared the pier with the Spirit everything seamed very unorganized but 4 days earlier when princess was there with us it was all smooth. Other than that, have a great time. I hope to get started on the review tomorrow....it is taking much longer than anticipated to scan in all the capers and get my photos organized than I had ever thought possible. This is also my first review so I want to make sure I don't leave anything out. The review will be in a different thread but once I get it started I'll post a link here so you guys can find it.

.I don't know what the San Diego port schedule is like for Monday but when we shared the pier with the Spirit everything seamed very unorganized but 4 days earlier when princess was there with us it was all smooth.

The double ship day - Elation and Spirit - was very busy as both ships were disembarking 2000+ pax each, and then embarking another 2,000+ passengers, each.

When Princess was in San Diego, it was just a port of call, not a turnaround, so there was a minumum of action at the pier that day.

It looks like another double ship day, this time with RCI's Radiance of the Seas. Both are disembarking/embarking, so I'll warn our little group to expect possible delays and some general craziness. We'll go with the flow - we're going on a cruise! ;)

Ok, they had about 5 different 8x10 frames in different styles. They ranged in price from $7.99 - $9.99. I was going to take some pics of them so you could see what they looked like but I didn't want them to think I was trying to copy one of their pictures.

As far as the shore excursions go I was told that they didn't have access to future cruises onboard the ship (something about there systems are updated every time they are in San Diego and that is when they are switched to the next cruise). They suggested calling the 800 number and they would probably be able to help you.

Thanks Mucho!!!

Ok...I am back and about to start my review but I thought I would post a link for the pics of the 6B Ocean View Cabin because it may be a few days until I get there in the review, so here is the link to the pics i posted on photobucket.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/wrf2e/Elation%206B%20Ocean%20View%20Cabin/

NCLCSR....It appears that the azipod issue was taken care of before the 3 day cruise because we did leave on time, but I never heard for sure.

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures!

I cruised (for the first time) on Carnival Elation from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. It wasn't what I thought it would be. I felt like there wasn't much to do on the ship, same activities, mostly boring. The only good thing was the Halloween Party.

Two months ago when my (now) fiancee booked this cruise, it was with the intention for him to propose, in front of a crowd. He contacted the concierge then and they told him when we embarked to contact guest services, so he did (without my knowledge). They planned for him to propose at the piano bar, and when we got there, they forgot, so rescheduled for dinner. Again, at dinner, they "got overwhelmed" and "forgot" so rescheduled for the Halloween Party. When they were going to announce for the contestants to come up, he was supposed to be called by Norje, the assistant cruise director, then he would get the microphone. But that didn't happen, once again...so, devastated, as he was, I noticed, and pried it out of him. It angered me, immensely, and he wound up proposing in our room, just the two of us. Being that he was still immensely devastated, I brought it up to Steve, the Cruise Director, and he allowed him to propose at the Broadway type show, but they didn't video tape it?!?! So, the director tried to make amends by giving me a free DVD. What a compensation, huh?? Needless to say, I don't see anymore Carnival cruises for us anytime soon. We may need to go with a competitor next time.

Archived