ship time?

witneys7

So, if we port out of Tampa then the ship stays on Tampa time the whole trip, right? So I understand that Cozumel is an hour behind Tampa so when it says we leave Cozumel at 8 p.m then it would really be 7 pm local time? Is Cozumel an hour behind or an hour ahead? I suppose I can go look up time zones on my own. But any enlightenment on the subject would be appreciated! thanks!

It doesn't matter WHAT time it is anywhere else...whatever the ship's clocks say, you set your watch to that time.

Not every ship changes times to match "local" time.

If you've booked a ship's excursion, it's no big deal---the excursions goes on "ships time". If you booked your own thing, then you go by ships time...your guide will understand. Under no circumstance should your watch be set any differently from the ship! Ever! So, if you have a 9am excursion, you show up at 9am--SHIP'S TIME!

Absolutely pay attention to ship's time and ignore "local time". The ship runs on IT'S schedule, and won't wait for you if you decide that local time is more important! There'll be plenty of notice in your daily newsletter, and usually a big clock set for ship's time as you exit the ship. I always ask a crew member too, just to be sure.

I did not relaize there was ship time and port time untill a few months ago. Always thought the ship adjusted to the port time. However, my cell phones time and the ships time was not always the same. Some times one changed and the other did not. Thus a watch set to the ships time before you get off is the best solution.

On our recent cruise to Bermuda, the night before arriving there, we (ship & paxs) set our watches ahead one hour; thereby losing an hour of sleep. Our total stay was on Bermuda time. On our return. the night before arriving in Philly to debark, we set our watches back one hour gaining an hour of sleep.

SBtS

When I cruised to Halifax and Saint John with NCL, we did not move our clocks ahead and back, so while we were in Canada, we were on ship's time, which was one hour earlier than local time. But when I cruised there with Royal Caribbean, we moved our clocks ahead and back, so while we were in Canada, ship's time and local time were the same.

I booked shore excursions through the cruiselines, and I have NO idea as to whether local tour companies in Halifax and Saint John are aware that when NCL passengers say that they'll get off the ship at 9:30 AM, they really mean 8:30 AM, and that when Royal Caribbean passengers say that they'll get off the ship at 9:30 AM, they really mean 9:30 AM.

Archived