2011 winter schedule out

RachelG

Just got an email from Regent with the 2011 winter schedule--for all 3 ships. The world and circle SA voyages are broken into segments and prices are listed.

It is still all-inclusive including shore excursions, airfare, and 2 for 1 pricing till 12/31/09. I am looking at the segment on Voyager that starts in Auckland and ends in Sydney.

Most of the segments are too long for me too. 15 nights is the outer limit of what I could do with work now.

I had been interested possibly doing part of the circle SA cruise, but the segment I would really be interested in (Amazon) is just too long.

The other option is Antarctica on Prince Albert. Am going to wait till Silversea's schedule comes out so that I can compare pricing, etc.

Rachel and TC,

We are waiting on Silversea also as I have the same concerns with these long segments. I am happy to see the published fares though, as that is good for all around competion! My "weakness" is South Africa, but only Mariner is sailing to that part of the world. By the way, Auckland to Sydney on Voyager is FABULOUS...we have done it and I guarantee you will love it. We continued on to Shanghai (two segments) of 2008 World Cruise, and the seas were "exhilarating" but we loved every minute!

No email (yet) for me in UK. Included flights would be wonderful - only available on a very limited number of cruises in 2010 for us in UK so suspect it will be the same in 2011. One-way flights are so expensive and add a very considerable amount to the overall cost. That makes it uneconomical for us plebs.

link to winter fares in 2011 immediately below (pdf file), basic email 2nd below:

http://www.directservices.com/regentuploads/agent_misc/MK_FL_09480_2011_Calendar_8panel.pdf

FIND A CRUISE DESTINATIONS REGENT SHIPS REQUEST A BROCHURE CONTACT US

2011 Winter Cruises Available Monday, October 26th

As one of our valued past guests, we are pleased to provide you with exclusive advance notice of our

2011 Winter Collection, and to advise you that these voyages will be open for reservations and available

at http://www.RSSC.com beginning Monday, October 26th. As the most inclusive luxury cruise line in the world,

all 2011 voyages will feature 2-for-1 Fares plus up to an additional $3,000 per guest savings,

Included Air and Unlimited Complimentary Shore Excursions.

2011 Winter Collection highlights are below, and you may also view a calendar of individual itineraries:

Our most extensive World Cruise ever on Seven Seas Voyager – a fabulous journey of

145 nights from San Francisco to Southampton (London), visiting 67 ports in 30 countries,

with no fewer than 18 overnight calls – the most we have ever offered.

Seven Seas Mariner will offer a 71-night Grand Circle South America cruise, roundtrip

Fort Lauderdale. Highlights include a visit to Antarctica, and a cruise up the Amazon.

Seven Seas Navigator will offer a series of Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises

departing from Fort Lauderdale.

Whether you choose to explore distant lands and cultures, or sail through the warm turquoise waters

of the Caribbean, the most inclusive luxury cruise experience awaits as Luxury Goes Exploring®.

Just booked the Mariner for Segments 3 and 4 of the Discovery Tour 2010! Cape Town to Ft Lauderdale, 32 nights. Never booked a cruise 13 plus months in advance, but this one looks like it's worth it! Was going to hold out for Silversea, but couldn't resist the pricing. YAHOO:D

We love Regent BUT we are quite conflicted about taking a 16 day cruise without formal nights. As of this moment we are thinking about our cancelling our Regent reservations and switching to Seabourn.

It sounds like Seabourn might be a better fit for you than Regent. If formal nights are what you love, you'll be pleased with Seabourn. This or select a longer cruise (back to backs don't count) where you will have the optional formal nights and you can knock yourself out. Go on one or several of the WC segments and you'll have opportunities for formal nights.

I think Regent has listened to the majority and most of us are thrilled about the new "elegant casual" so you can't fault Regent for going with what the majority wants.

It is possible that a more formal ship would suit your needs. Before doing the cancellation, however, you may want to do further comparisons. While Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal are great cruise lines, the size differences can change your onboard experience.

For instance, three of Seabourn's ships hold only 209 passengers. Their newest ship holds 450. The activities on Seabourn could be less than on Regent. Also, Seabourn does not include airfare.

Crystal has better entertainment and activities than Regent and is also larger. The passenger capacity of the Symphony has changed this year -- from 960 to 922. I don't have data on the 1,080 passenger Serenity (not sure if it has changed). It does have set seating in the main restaurant and you may get enough on board credits to make your experience all-inclusive.

As other posters have stated recently regarding the new dress code, there will be passengers dressing up for dinner. Some will be Elegant Casual, some men with wear jackets, others suits and, for special nights, a tux. If, however, you would be more comfortable on a more formal cruise line, you should do the research and then select another cruise line.:confused:

Archived