Harbor Beach Marriott in FLL

beachprincess23

We stayed there a few years ago. Very nice hotel with gorgeous pool area. I liked their evening buffet, but if you want to go to other restaurants, it's a bit of a walk.

It was expensive when we were there in high season, and I think they tacked on a resort fee, but if I got a good price I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I have stayed there twice and have enjoyed my stay each time. Excellent service with a great view of the ocean, if one has an oceanview room. One can watch the early morning arrivals of the cruise ships as well as their departures. It is about a 20-30 minute walk down the beach to the inlet for Port Everglades.

Be sure to try 3030 Ocean, an excellent high-end restaurant in the hotel. It is expensive, but well worth it. I enjoyed one of the best dinners that I have ever experienced during my most recent visit (March, 2009). Excellent Lobster Bisque!

It is a lovely hotel but is a far walk from anything. You can get a discount certificate for 3030 at Restaurant.com. If you aren't getting their emails, sign up now to get the coupon codes so that you can get a $25 certificate for $2 when they have the 80% off sales towards the end of each month. The certificates are good for one year. It usually costs $10 for the certificate. Today only they are $3 if you use the code PUMPKIN at checkout.

We have stayed there 3 times prior to cruises, most recently last Thanksgiving. The hotel as everyone has stated is beautiful. The rooms that face the city/port you can see the ships from many of the rooms as well as the interncoastal. Personally, I like to see the city lights at night compared to seeing the dark ocean. Also, if you get up early enough you can watch the ships sail into port.

The hotel is in within walking distance to a few shops and restaurants, the pool is wonderful. One thing, the staff may hassle you a bit about bringing your own alcohol down to the pool, this happened on a couple of occassions last November, but overall everyone was wonderful and friendly.

Depending upon if the Dolphins are in town, the visiting teams do use this hotel. We were there a few years ago at Xmas when the Titans were staying at the property. Very cool.

Beach is nice, they also have cabana's that you can rent as well. Walking to the inlet is a very nice walk as is walking towards downtown. I have walked all the way past Los Osas on the beach and it was wonderful, you can just get lost watching people and the surf.

Can't respond to 3030 as we have never eaten there.

Enjoy....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived