Beatles Tribute Band

BcIcemen

No. It is not a tribute band. I was on the Freedom in September and there is a show called, "Ticket to Ride". It is a show that features songs by the Beatles performed by the ships featured male & female vocalists, and danced to by the Freedom dancers. It was a very good show. We knew all the songs so we could sing along. It was fun. We actually had seen this same show last Nov. on the Miracle.

I thought I heard there was one on the Freedom? Yes or No?

I don't know about the Freedom, but there are bands which dress in Sgt. Pepper outfits on the Fantasy, appearing in the production, "Ticket to Ride". The other ships which may be performing "Ticket to Ride" may also have a band. I think there is a thread listing which shows the ships are doing.

I can tell you that I was highly impressed with the Filipino band that played on the Miracle last year. They were the "tribute band" in Ticket to Ride as well and I have to tell you these guys were amazing. I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but did really enjoy the show, they were the highlight. Not only was their song variety great (they played a lot of stuff besides the Beatles when they played at other venues on the ship) but their range was amazing.

My experience is you can't go wrong with any of the Filipino bands on Carnival ships. They are awesome.

My experience is you can't go wrong with any of the Filipino bands on Carnival ships. They are awesome.

You are so right. Some of the best bands we've seen on Carnival are from The Phillipines. One of THE best was a group called Music Asia. They were absolutely fantastic. They could play everything from The Beatles to Guns 'n Roses.

Yes, there is a Beatles Tribute band, we saw the show when we were on on the Sept 6, 09 Freedom sailing. We made it a point to watch the show as the boys were originally from our home town of Liverpool.

They were not bad and had a good response from the audience but my mother and her sister actually thought that the ``ticket to ride``show put on by the Carnival dancers was a better show.

I have been on the Freedom 4 times though and that was the only time I saw that show so it does not seem to be a regular show.

I can tell you that I was highly impressed with the Filipino band that played on the Miracle last year. They were the "tribute band" in Ticket to Ride as well and I have to tell you these guys were amazing. I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but did really enjoy the show, they were the highlight. Not only was their song variety great (they played a lot of stuff besides the Beatles when they played at other venues on the ship) but their range was amazing.

You are so right, and unfortunately, it seems, they are slowly being eliminated, or at least, there are not as many of them as there used to be.

I wonder if you are talking about Music Manilla on the Miracle. They are on that ship quite often and they are fantastic as the Beatles.

You are so right, and unfortunately, it seems, they are slowly being eliminated, or at least, there are not as many of them as there used to be.

I wonder if you are talking about Music Manilla on the Miracle. They are on that ship quite often and they are fantastic as the Beatles.

Any ideas why they would be fazing them out? The many bands I've seen on the ships have all been amazing. Why would Carnival mess with a good thing?

Any ideas why they would be fazing them out? The many bands I've seen on the ships have all been amazing. Why would Carnival mess with a good thing?

That evil term known as

Cost Cutting Measures is my guess.

There were no Filipino bands on the Glory in May 09 or the Victory in Sept 09 or the Elation in Sept 09 when I sailed those ships.

there was such a band that played on the fifth floor in the back of the ship (freedom) nightly and they were wonderful. somehow i don't think they are there any more and sorry i don't remember their name.

smiles, bee

Just got off the Freedom 10/18 and one of the featured bands did indeed sit in during part of the TTR production. They could have been Filipino, but I'm not one who can tell with any certainty. Sorry I didn't get their name, I somehow missed some of the entertainment. I only got to hear them for a few minutes during one set, but they were very good. :D So much to see, so little time.

Best overall entertainment of all the ships I've been on, however. I truly enjoyed the different venues.

We saw the Ticket to Ride show on the Freedom w/c 10/18/09 and it truly was a great tribute to the Fab Four! The Carnival singers n dancers were good ( choice of songs a bit random at times I thought!) but the group of Filipinos (or whatever) did a great medley of Beatles stuff. The show was switched from a different night for production reasons and so many may have missed it.... I'm sure glad we didn't!

we were also on the freedom 2 weeks ago. the bands name was 'music motion''. they were a great band!:)

We were also on the Freedom (10/10 to 10/18) and Music Motion had the ship rockin every venue they played. We actually followed them around the ship like a bunch of old groupies.:):cool:

That evil term known as

Cost Cutting Measures is my guess.

There were no Filipino bands on the Glory in May 09 or the Victory in Sept 09 or the Elation in Sept 09 when I sailed those ships.

Perhaps the bands like Music Manila may have fulfilled their contract and gone on vacation. I saw them on the Fantasy four times and they always good. Another band has replaced them on the Fantasy. One of the cruise directors told me that it cost more to do that show because of some of the props.

Ticket to Ride is my favorite show that I've seen on a Carnival ship.

Perhaps the bands like Music Manila may have fulfilled their contract and gone on vacation. I saw them on the Fantasy four times and they always good. Another band has replaced them on the Fantasy. One of the cruise directors told me that it cost more to do that show because of some of the props.

Ticket to Ride is my favorite show that I've seen on a Carnival ship.

We were on the Fantasy in March and my son and I loved Music Manilla!! Once we heard them the first time, we were hooked. They were really nice and friendly guys when we got to talk to them. Oh, my son even got invited to sit in on the drums, but, he is kinda shy and passed. They were really good in Ticket To Ride too. I think I would say there were the most versatile bands I have ever heard in the variety of music they played. I am really hoping to see them again on another cruise. We have one booked and another planned.:)

Archived