Jade

Cre

Depends on the ship you are on. If it's Monarch, they have an assortment of sushi rolls and such. If you are on any other ship, it is merely part of the windjammer buffet with no "real" sushi. Just a buffet.

Jade on the Freedom was just a separate area of the Windjammer. We did eat some great things there. The sushi wasn't very "real" but they had several dishes each night, a stir fry of some sort, a noodle dish, a curry, some asian based salads and a soup. We had the Thai Coconut Chicken Curry on the first night and it was great. Some of the items were very good, some nights it was only so-so. I had a better Indian dish in the main section of Windjammer than in the Jade section.

Jade on the Freedom was just a separate area of the Windjammer. We did eat some great things there. The sushi wasn't very "real" but they had several dishes each night, a stir fry of some sort, a noodle dish, a curry, some asian based salads and a soup. We had the Thai Coconut Chicken Curry on the first night and it was great. Some of the items were very good, some nights it was only so-so. I had a better Indian dish in the main section of Windjammer than in the Jade section.

I was informed that at Jade you paid per piece. I guess not by reading this thread. We are on the Liberty and I asked about that ship and Jade on that ship.

We just finished a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas and Jade was a section of the Island Grill, back of the Windjammer Cafe. We felt that Jade had some of the best food on the ship. At breakfast, a semi traditional Japanese meal of miso soup, fried rice, and stir fry veggies was offered. At lunch, several salads and hot dishes were offered that included at least one vegetarian item ... some days were more Indian influence and some days Chinese etc. Dinner offered similar dishes to lunch but also some surprisingly good sushi (not all raw if that matters to you).

I'm sure the offerings vary by ship. On Explorer, we really liked Jade and as someone said, there was a variety of Chinese and Indian. We thought the Indian was especially good. On Freedom, we were disappointed because the Indian on the buffet and in MDR was not nearly as good.

I was informed that at Jade you paid per piece. I guess not by reading this thread. We are on the Liberty and I asked about that ship and Jade on that ship.

We were just on Liberty. Jade is very simply the first section of the buffet. No extra charge.

Perhaps on other ships as well, but I was on the Monarch in January and it was a separate restaurant with a menu and per piece item. I was more familiar with Jade as a part of the Windjammer on most ships as others have talked about. Seems I climbed a circular stair case above the Windjammer to see what was up there, and discovered a "separate" Jade.

Archived