lattitudes question

kosoffj

ok so we booked a b2b for early december on the dawn. we have 14 completed cruises so we SHOULD be platinum on the first leg of the b2b. apparently ncl is missing our very first cruise on the majesty 2002 (funny i think they had it when we turned gold :))

anyway they said they'd fix it if we could provide paperwork (yeah right from 7 years ago?) OR a picture of us on the ship (luckily i have a dated one of me in front of the majesty sign)

so here's the question, has anyone done this? how long does it take to credit the lost cruise? we will be sending it in monday via priority mail...

thanks in advance for all of your help!

I just had my first 2 cruised credited and it only took them about 3 days for me to get my confirmation email. I faxed mine also.

One I was in a picture and the other my sister still had the ticket that had our names on it.

Soon we'll be on the Dawn kosoffj! :D

ok so we booked a b2b for early december on the dawn. we have 14 completed cruises so we SHOULD be platinum on the first leg of the b2b. apparently ncl is missing our very first cruise on the majesty 2002 (funny i think they had it when we turned gold :))

anyway they said they'd fix it if we could provide paperwork (yeah right from 7 years ago?) OR a picture of us on the ship (luckily i have a dated one of me in front of the majesty sign)

so here's the question, has anyone done this? how long does it take to credit the lost cruise? we will be sending it in monday via priority mail...

thanks in advance for all of your help!

We sent a picture of us on the Norway--way back when and got credited for it! Good Luck. It only took about a week to have us get the credit.

i knew you'd be able to get me an awnsers :)

do any of you wonderful people have the fax number? the address and phone number for lattitudes are on ncl.com but no fax. when i called about this before and the woman who awnsered was less than helpful :rolleyes:

Also importantly, bring your proof on the cruise with you, if anything comes up you can go to the lattitudes desk and theyll take care of it on the ship. We had a problem with our 2d Norwegian cruise, seems the TA set us up as new and our lattitudes guest numbers didn't get applied till I check with NCL noticing we didn't show proper levler to silver, luckily the pack rat I am, I had the sail contract with info still at home and could take care of it with a phone call. I wish the NCL site for guests showed past history like Carnival and Royal do, then we could help manage our account and any problems with it, it's also enjoyable to look back upon.

Sigh. Paperwork. Who knew how much paperwork a cruise generates. Hating to throw it away, I recently began scanning it instead, and then throwing it away.

Now at least I have the semblance of a reason for so doing....

Just a comment! I'm not sure on how long it takes but I trust that when you book b2b you book them under seperate reservations, otherwise ncl will automatically book it under one and you will onl get credit for one cruise.

Just a comment! I'm not sure on how long it takes but I trust that when you book b2b you book them under seperate reservations, otherwise ncl will automatically book it under one and you will onl get credit for one cruise.
This is true. We did a 14-day B2B in 2007 that was offered as 1 cruise or 2 separate cruises. We booked it as 1 cruise because it was cheaper than booking 2 separate cruises. I'd sure like to have that 1 additional credit towards Platinum though.

actually we did book it as 2, it was 800 bucks cheaper that way :) but once we get this past cruise credited we will already be platinum so i guess it doesn;t matter anyways (excepy maybe i'll manage 2 dinners at le bistro one for each cruise?)

that's why i want the credit in before we go, we are traveling with a 3.5 yr old and would like that free laundry on the first leg lol!

good point about bringing the proof , i'll bring the 2 pictures with me

i knew you'd be able to get me an awnsers :)

do any of you wonderful people have the fax number? the address and phone number for lattitudes are on ncl.com but no fax. when i called about this before and the woman who awnsered was less than helpful :rolleyes:

Fax # is 1 305 436-4143 Good Luck

hey wink do you know if i can email them the pictures? they are digital (and the date stamp is 2002 - our very first cruise on the majesty out of puerto rico :))...

retired - thanks!

you guys know everything! :D

I would think it's worth a shot. If they don't accept them, then you can go about it another way. Good luck. :)

here's the follow-up

i called back to see if using the fax # and/or email was ok and if my "proof" would be suficient. I got a VERY nice lady on the phone and she decided to see if she could help me. We figured out that this was the ONLY cruise i took before i got married and was therefore under my maiden name, they had me with TWO lattitudes accounts, 1 under the old name as a bronze and 1 under the new name as a gold.

She gave me all the info from that first cruise (cabin #, reservation number, etc) as well as my old lattitudes number and told me to add that to my picture and forward it to the email addy that wink gave me. She even gave me ds's lattitutde # (he's only 3.5 but they still track his cruises apparently). yay for great customer service!

24 hours later i recieve a response that the accounts have been merged, i now have credit for 14 cruises and am platinum. yay!

thanks guys for all your help, one less thing to deal with once we get on board

you should have a lattitudes number, and you should use it each time you book. and then they keep track. mine was a special case of them "losing" and old cruise i had under a different name. they had my other 13 and my husbands whole 14.

if you go to ncl.com and click on lattitutdes it will show you the number of cruises for each level and the perks associated with it!

Archived