Sky Suite vs. Suite

Santyclaws

The biggest difference is size. The Royal Suites are huge, with separate bedrooms, a dining area and a living room. The Penthouse Suites are gigantic with huge balconies, a separate living room, dining room, and two bathrooms. A Sky Suite is just a larger than average cabin with a small sitting area.

I see a price difference.......are there any other differences between the two?

Does anyone have pictures?

Thank for your your replies!

Santy:)

There are a few differences... size and price being the main two. IMHO the way to decide is this... how long is the cruise? How much time will you spend in your cabin? Is it port intensive or time at sea (more time in your cabin possibly)?

In April we did a PC cruise that ended up having 4 unexpected sea days (H1N1) ...I was happy we had the larger cabin.

On our upcoming cruise I have booked a smaller cabin more ports less sea days (Hopefully)

Agree with the above but would add a few additional.

I would stress the dining area mentioned above. We have a sitdown breakfast every morning in the suite. You can order anything you want that is served in the MDR but do it in your PJs :rolleyes:. Also, the closet space in an RS its much larger than you will find in a SS (if as mentioned above is really an extension from a standard one - no experience so I can't accurately say).

You will also find (at least from my experience) that your butler will be more attentive. If you order breakfast at 9am expect a phone call at 8:55am with the butler telling you he's on the way. When we had a PH (once in a lifetime for us), I swear they must have warned the butler when we got back on the ship because he was there almost every day to open the door when we came back from a shore excursion.

Finally, as a RS/PH "owner" it appears that you might be invited to the daily Michaels Club breakfast and afternoon cocktail hour that is for Elite members. Some say yes, some say no.

Warning - you can become addicted :D. We were in a PH once (as mentioned above) and RS 3 times. 4th will be on a TA in five weeks.

I have seen the Solstice class SS and it is huge. had smaller hotel rooms. plenty of closet space and drawers everywhere. Nice sofa too. bathroom had lots of storage.

IN an RS you really can not get an ocean breeze in the bed part of cabin while you can in an SS.

I have seen the Solstice class SS and it is huge. had smaller hotel rooms. plenty of closet space and drawers everywhere. Nice sofa too. bathroom had lots of storage.

IN an RS you really can not get an ocean breeze in the bed part of cabin while you can in an SS.

Thats why we sleep on the verandah some times :D.

Seriously, you shouldn't leave the verandah door open anyway - but we do sometimes as well. Causes problems with the HVAC systems and you can actually cause your cabin door to be almost inopertable because of air pressure differences.

Still, we do love the sound of the sea - so much we have one of those noise makers at home so we can dream about cruising :).

Archived