Red Sea Cruise 11th March 2010

We have never cruised before. Am a little aprehensive. Could somebody please help with the following:

(1) Going from Ireland what 'immunisations' do you need.

(2) Have booked all inclusive so what currency do we need to pay for trips

(3) Want it to be a relaxing time so how may trips would you recommend

to take in the week - every second day?

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give me.

We've never had any immunisations (other than checking tetanus is in date)....don't think any are required but you may like to check with your doctors surgery.

All onboard expenses like shopping, excursions, etc. are charged to your onboard account which you pay on the last day with your credit card..(.you will have given them your number at the beginning of the cruise)...this will be charged in sterling to your card. for going ashore you may need a small amount for a drink here and there .... in Egypt they will take anything...euros, dollars or sterling...Jordan I'm not sure as we didn't spend anything...but I think they'll take dollars...if you need any local currency its a good idea to use a local ATM for a small amount. We usually use up left over bits of currency from other holidays in Egypt as they're just happy its money!!!!!

In my opinion the must do trips are Petra, Cairo and Luxor (if you havent already been on a Nile cruise) I dont know how they fit into the week but they are long tiring days and unmissable!!! You could leave Luxor and do a Nile cruise at a later date (we did that) as there really is so much to see in such a short time....then you could concentrate on Petra and Cairo and do a couple of half days on the other days.

If you follow the link I've posted on another post a few questions down from this one you will be able to see the excursions available on this itinerary.

Hi,

As Jenny says Ideally you should do the big 3 excursions, it will still leave you a bit of time to recover in between.

Also as they are stopped in Safaga for Luxor for 2 days they do an overnight trip to Luxor. Have a look here and scroll down to Egypt and Jordan to find the excursions.

http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/cruise/viewPorts.do?portCode=&seasonCode=W2009&countryCode=

Best plan if you could is 2 week cruise and stay and collapse in Sharm for the 2nd week to recover.

Berwyn

Hi,

As Jenny says Ideally you should do the big 3 excursions, it will still leave you a bit of time to recover in between.

Also as they are stopped in Safaga for Luxor for 2 days they do an overnight trip to Luxor. Have a look here and scroll down to Egypt and Jordan to find the excursions.

http://www.thomsonbeach.co.uk/th/cruise/viewPorts.do?portCode=&seasonCode=W2009&countryCode=

Best plan if you could is 2 week cruise and stay and collapse in Sharm for the 2nd week to recover.

Berwyn

That is exactly what we are doing. Stayed in Sharm this year and am really looking forward to going back there. Thanks for all your help

• 2 months later...
We have never cruised before. Am a little aprehensive. Could somebody please help with the following:

Were going on the same Cruise, been on the Destiny a couple of times really enjoyed them. Hope to enjoy the Celebration just as much. see you there.

(1)

We checked with our practice nurse, and she put the cruise part down as same as a Med cruise. I think it's the staying in Sharm part that worried her, plus DH's constant snorkelling....so we're booked in on Mon for several jabs. Mind, one is my out of date tetanus. I'd check, just to be sure.

jocap.

Archived