Anyone Else Being Bothered by a PVP?

Yvonne

The phone rang the other day. I looked at caller I.D. and it said "Carnival Cruise Line." I answered it with the hopes they were calling to tell me I had won a free cruise. :D No, that wasn't the reason she was calling, darn it. :) She said her name was Jennifer, she was a Carnival personal vacation planner, and she'd seen that I had been looking at their web site and was wondering if she could help me plan a cruise. I said no, I was basically just "dreaming" right now. She said if she could help in the future, to give her a call. I thanked her for calling. Thought that would be it.

A couple days later I got a card in the mail from her, along with two of her business cards. No problem. That was fine.

A couple days later I came home to find a message on my answering machine. Again, from Carnival Cruise Line, again from this same Jennifer said she'd like to help me plan our next cruise, yadda yadda yadda. I just assumed she "forgot" she already had called me so I just deleted the message.

A couple days later the phone rang. Again, it was Carnival Cruise Line. Again it was this same Jennifer. This time I was a little more forceful in letting her know we are not ready to plan another cruise!! She said "oh but you requested someone contact you." Um, no, I didn't!! We have no immediate plans for a cruise now or in the near/distant future.

I hope she stops calling!! It almost makes me not even want to go to the website and do any pricing/looking. :( I mean, I understand she is just trying to make a living but don't they keep track of who they call, so they don't keep calling them?!

I had the same thing happen with a Princess PVP. I had indicated that I did not want phone calls (only snail and e-mails) when I registered and twice she called me on my cell phone. She stopped calling after I told her I had booked my cruises for the next two years.

I just got an e-mail from the PVP who sends me the occasional sale updates. This one said "I've been trying to get hold of you."

Well, we just moved but I did change my contact info including phone number. We haven't gotten any calls or had any messages left.

I did get a call from an NCL rep once. I'd clicked through on a link they sent in a weekly e-mail. No more clicking for me. I want my platinum status on CCL before I cruise with anyone else again. :-)

I booked my cruise with my PVP- have gotten 14 others to book with her too. Called her the other day to check on pricing for others interested and she called me back the next day - left a generic message about being a pvp with carnival and wanting to help me find a cruise. I was like ?!?! She must have forgot I've booked with her several times and have one now along with many of my friends. I'm wondering how many people and cruises she has booked that she couldn't remember a group of 18 that booked with her. Confused?!?! Thinking maybe I need to go back to a travel agent instead of a PVP.

I booked my cruise with my PVP- have gotten 14 others to book with her too. Called her the other day to check on pricing for others interested and she called me back the next day - left a generic message about being a pvp with carnival and wanting to help me find a cruise. I was like ?!?! She must have forgot I've booked with her several times and have one now along with many of my friends. I'm wondering how many people and cruises she has booked that she couldn't remember a group of 18 that booked with her. Confused?!?! Thinking maybe I need to go back to a travel agent instead of a PVP.

I used to get calls from our PVP untill I said please don't call me.. I will call you when I am ready to book... these calls they are making I am sure are system generated and they get a number that pops up and they are to call it.. they deal with 100's of people I am sure .. there is no way to remember everyone;)

"Bothered" No, I call it good customer service.

I think it is "excessive/aggressive" customer service more than "Good"... but to each his own.

OP... Probably just that your # kept coming up because you had not booked yet and the CCL rep cannot remember who they have or have not already called yet....hopefully your sterness with her got the issue resolved.

I think it is "excessive/aggressive" customer service more than "Good"... but to each his own.

OP... Probably just that your # kept coming up because you had not booked yet and the CCL rep cannot remember who they have or have not already called yet....hopefully your sterness with her got the issue resolved.

I'm glad you added "but to each his own".:rolleyes:

Book a cruise, then they stop calling:p!

NOT TRUE :eek:!!!

We have TWO cruises booked....and were on the CCL site the other night looking at cabin availability for our Dream cruise. We came home the next day to a message offering to "help" us book our next cruise by someone who is NOT even our CVS :rolleyes:.

I've been getting more emails than normal but it doesn't bother me. Phone calls might bother me though. :D

Now that's funny.....I have not received an email from Carnival in so long I can not even remember the last one :rolleyes:.

I used to get them regularly. I swear that they put a hold on the emails once you have a booking :cool:. Our CVS swear that we should be getting them - but no....not a one!

I feel your pain! We had this happen with a PVP named Ted. The first call seems OK, unexpected but OK. The notecard and business cards were OK. The 2nd & 3rd messages were annoying - started to seem like everytime I logged onto the Carnival website I was getting a call. Kept telling him we were looking, and considering, a trip with friends but hadn't decided and no we didn't need any help, thanks anyway.

Finally, our friends booked for all of us to go together ... then Ted started calling and leaving messages asking why we'd booked without using him and even told my husband "but I called her, why did she book with someone else!" Since our friends booked us all together, they used a PVP that they'd been talking too and I was very uncomfortable with all of the calls & messages from Ted, on one message he left not only his direct line, but his cell phone, his wife's phone number (apparently she's also a PVP) and her cell phone - all based on the fact that he'd apparently randomly grabbed my name & contact information off the website. I had NO working relationship with him, had never initiated any contact with him, had never asked for or received any help or services from him, never even asked the guy a question... just politely said, no I don't need anything - and I will call if there is anything you can do for me. (i.e. don't call me, I'll call you).

I finally got felt tired & harassed enough that I called the PVP my friends had used to book our trip and asked him how to get rid of a stalking PVP. He asked what the guy's name was, and when I told him he said he'd heard of him and that there were some "aggressive" employees out there. He had me send him an email, which he was able to use to put something into their system which removed some kind of "tag" from my account that alerted Ted whenever I'd logged into the Carnival site. Whew! Luckily I haven't heard from Ted since then. I wish the guy well, and applaud his initiative... but it was pretty "hard-sell" and uncomfortable! glad to be rid of him!

tssmiles,

I also had Ted chasing me exactly like you mentioned. I called in to Carnival and asked to speak to a supervisor. I had a new PVP assigned and since then, only received one call from Ted asking why I complained and dumped him.

Other than that, life is good with my new PVP.

OSJ

There's a very similar thread on the RCI forum...I think it's called "Stop Calling Me", or something like that. Some upset posters over there, too. I got OT on that thread, and vented about an extended car warranty company that called me daily for 15 MONTHS before they got busted. Apparently, if you make contact with a cruise line, even just to get pricing information, they are allowed to call you back. I would suggest calling Carnival directly, ask for a supervisor, and give them the name of the PVP who's annoying you. At least you know the company name! Every time I asked for the car warranty's company name, I got hung up on!

Traveler353 - I will GLADLY give you all of my unsolicited sales calls!

I have gotten 3 calls from my PVP.

The first was when I request a call to book my cruise. The second was when she called to tell me about a special military rate sale. The third was last week to remind me to make my final payment (which I had already done) and to see if I had any questions.

She said she will call me again one week before we cruise to make sure everything is all set.

I think that is good service.

I just got another e-mail from A PVP who I spoke with and Said Verbatim.. " NO eMails..as I get over 1700 + a Day! " .

This eMail said "I've been trying to get hold of you."

I never gave my/any eMail addy to her!

Giving sales people my Dedicated FAX Line is common practice. As they can send me Hard Copy.:eek:

I do wish on the ships the so called Customer Service Rep's which had been the Pursers assistants before were 1/2 as good as the PVP's are.

Tenacity does bring sales and more revenues. :eek:

As a CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE Carival Shareholder it is another benefit seeing that trait:cool:.

I am glad I'm not the only one that felt uncomfortable booking a cruise with Ted. This was my 15th with Carnival and he tried to tell me that I would not like being in an inside room and I should upgrade. When I declined the Insurance I also heard about all the bad things that could happen. This was not my usual happy experience when I book a cruise.

kkaren,

Such a truism.

I always book with a Travel Agency that is ASTA ( American Society of Travel Agencies ) as they have to put up a 1/2 Million US Dollar Bond so you know they are not going away overnight as some have done and some Cruiselines also have.

On insurance as in booking you do have to do your due dilly well. making sure the underwriter is in good financial ways/means in your state of residence and I like Primary vs Secondary coverages best as it lessens the problems if some arise ever. I guess like planting a tree you don't want a English Black Walnut next to your foundation... nor even a Franklinia Altimaha either...:cool:

Wish Torrey Pines grew out here...;)

I am glad I'm not the only one that felt uncomfortable booking a cruise with Ted. This was my 15th with Carnival and he tried to tell me that I would not like being in an inside room and I should upgrade. When I declined the Insurance I also heard about all the bad things that could happen. This was not my usual happy experience when I book a cruise.

The phone rang the other day. I looked at caller I.D. and it said "Carnival Cruise Line." I answered it with the hopes they were calling to tell me I had won a free cruise. :D No, that wasn't the reason she was calling, darn it. :) She said her name was Jennifer, she was a Carnival personal vacation planner, and she'd seen that I had been looking at their web site and was wondering if she could help me plan a cruise. I said no, I was basically just "dreaming" right now. She said if she could help in the future, to give her a call. I thanked her for calling. Thought that would be it.

A couple days later I got a card in the mail from her, along with two of her business cards. No problem. That was fine.

A couple days later I came home to find a message on my answering machine. Again, from Carnival Cruise Line, again from this same Jennifer said she'd like to help me plan our next cruise, yadda yadda yadda. I just assumed she "forgot" she already had called me so I just deleted the message.

A couple days later the phone rang. Again, it was Carnival Cruise Line. Again it was this same Jennifer. This time I was a little more forceful in letting her know we are not ready to plan another cruise!! She said "oh but you requested someone contact you." Um, no, I didn't!! We have no immediate plans for a cruise now or in the near/distant future.

I hope she stops calling!! It almost makes me not even want to go to the website and do any pricing/looking. :( I mean, I understand she is just trying to make a living but don't they keep track of who they call, so they don't keep calling them?!

Haven't heard from our PVP since May, just before we were on the Legend. I check prices on a site that is similar to Rooms to go but specializes in Vacations. Then, when I find I cruise we want to go on, I call Carnival/ Royal/ NCL and look for the best rate online. Once I find the best rate, we biik. It used to be the Military rate was the best, but early savers seems to be best now. Not good for us because we are not always ready to book six months out. We always cruise for our anniversary and our PVP didn't call us this year and we ended up on RC. Now we will see what she does for my birthday in Feb. No calls yet.:D

We got a message on our voice mail after returning home from our cruise, from a PVP I've never heard of or worked with. I booked our cruise over the phone with a random CVS at Carnival.

Hopefully he won't turn out to be a stalker like Ted. :eek:

Archived