question about ordering dinner in MDR

SheriAZ

I know multiple entree's can be ordered. What if a person only wants part of a dinner or to switch things around? Example" fish comes with rice, meat comes with potatoes. Can you order fish with the potatoes? I saw pictures on this board and dinners have only one piece of broccoli, if I want more can I ask for it without getting a whole meal? I understand this isn't Burger King. I don't want to be obnoxious.

Depending upon your ship and how busy the MDR is, special orders from the table may take longer to get filled. Doesn't hur t to ask your waitstaff though. For more veggies, order them off the spa menus or vegetarian menus as a side. We usually order a separate entree "for the table". That's somethin no one else is ordering or the vegetarian entree. If different folks at your table order different things, you can swap foods.

I have NEVER had a problem ordering in the MDR. I am a picky eater, so I do not like alot of the food choices. So, If I decide I want the steak, but the mashed potatoes only comes with the chicken, and I decide I want the mashed potatoes, I get them. You may have to wait a bit but they will be happy to assist you!

On the Sensation there wa a definite lack of veggies or starches on the plates. Since you can order more than one entree and you want veggies, feel free to ask for the veggie plate and incorporate that into your meal. The plate presentation is wonderful, but your plate isn't full. But I never left the table feeling hungry.

alot depends on your waiter, and how much trouble he/she feels it is to accomodate you. We've been able to "mix and match" on some cruises, but on others, they simply bring me two entire entrees that have the items I wanted....lazy waiter, IMO...and a waste of food!

alot depends on your waiter, and how much trouble he/she feels it is to accomodate you. We've been able to "mix and match" on some cruises, but on others, they simply bring me two entire entrees that have the items I wanted....lazy waiter, IMO...and a waste of food!

WOW! I cannot believe they would waste food like that. I agree with you, it is laziness.

Archived