What Are the Hours for the Main Dining Room for Lunch on Sea Days

rsohn65820

I hope someone can help I've looked on the NCL website and tried a search here and I can't seem to find the answer. Can anyone tell me what hours the main dining room is open for lunch on the Star? We have our meet and greet at 11:30 am and some of us would like to go to lunch together afterwards but I need to know what is the latest that they serve lunch? Thank you.

I don't know how much help this is but,last year on the Dawn, the main dining room (Venitian) was mopen for lunch from noon to 1:30 PM. The smaller dining room I don't think was open at all.

I noticed your cruise is imminent so I thought I'd offer this since chances are the schedules are probably pretty close.

Have a great cruise. :D

12-1.30? Goodness, that's very early! We're on the Jade - will that have longer, later hours, like we're used to in Europe?

Does anyone know what time Cagneys opens for breakfast and lunch?

For suite passengers (penthouse and up), Cagney's is open for breakfast and lunch. The times depend on if it is a port day or a sea day. The sea day breakfasts are later and the lunches are longer. The port day breakfasts are earlier and the lunches are shorter.

For example, we were recently on the Star and our Port day breakfasts were from 7 - 8:30 while our sea day breakfasts were from 7:30 - 9:30.

Your concierge will give you the info when you check in as I'm sure there may be variations due to the Jade being in Europe and having a port intensive cruise.

until 9.30 for breakfast? And who on earth would want to get up for breakfast at 7.30 if you're on holiday! This doesn't make sense - how do they serve everyone in one sitting? I can't think I've ever been to a hotel for years where breakfast stops much before 11! (Yes, it was different in the 70s for those of you from the States who visited us then, but now things are open a lot more!)

And what happens if you "miss" breakfast, what can you eat from 9.30 until lunchtime? Are you stuck with the Blue Lagoon, or does the buffet just stay open? I suppose we can call the butler for him to rustle something up!

"We believe lunch is when you're hungry. Same goes for breakfast and dinner. You'll never have to drag yourself out of bed for a forced breakfast seating at 7:45 am or interrupt whatever you're doing so you can make it to a dinner seating precisely at 5:45 pm." or so the NCL blurb goes!!

until 9.30 for breakfast? And who on earth would want to get up for breakfast at 7.30 if you're on holiday! This doesn't make sense - how do they serve everyone in one sitting? I can't think I've ever been to a hotel for years where breakfast stops much before 11! (Yes, it was different in the 70s for those of you from the States who visited us then, but now things are open a lot more!)

And what happens if you "miss" breakfast, what can you eat from 9.30 until lunchtime? Are you stuck with the Blue Lagoon, or does the buffet just stay open? I suppose we can call the butler for him to rustle something up!

"We believe lunch is when you're hungry. Same goes for breakfast and dinner. You'll never have to drag yourself out of bed for a forced breakfast seating at 7:45 am or interrupt whatever you're doing so you can make it to a dinner seating precisely at 5:45 pm." or so the NCL blurb goes!!

For lunch, You don't have to eat in the MDR. The buffet, Blue Lagoon and room service are always options. Bimini Grill is also open from noon to 5:00. :)

For breakfast the MDR is open from 8:00 to 10:00 and the buffet 7: to 11:30. And of course there is the Blue Moon and room service. I seriously doubt you'll starve. ;)

This doesn't make sense - how do they serve everyone in one sitting?

....and it isn't "one sitting" either. It's freestyle, remember? As long as you arrive at the MDR before closing, you will be seated and served.

MrLee: So glad yoo posted the actual MDR breakfast times (till 10:00) is perfect and Buffet till 11:30 (great). Hate the thought of having to get up so early on vaca..At least we can sleep in a little, have room service early coffee, then off to eat!! How great is that!

I've also never heard of anyone starving on a cruise LOL..Blue lagoon also has some good options for lunch/snacks.

Can't wait to be on the the Jewel Fri 10-30! Hope the weather holds up.

Thanks for the valuable info...

Stay safe.

MrLee: So glad yoo posted the actual MDR breakfast times (till 10:00) is perfect and Buffet till 11:30 (great). Hate the thought of having to get up so early on vaca..At least we can sleep in a little, have room service early coffee, then off to eat!! How great is that!

I've also never heard of anyone starving on a cruise LOL..Blue lagoon also has some good options for lunch/snacks.

Stay safe.

The info I posted was taken from a daily on last years repo so I'm not 100% on it. I was double checking info for the repo I'm leaving on Sunday and didn't even realize I had that. :D

The Freestyle Daily will list opening and closing times of all the restaurants aboard the ship everyday and any fees for the surcharge restaurants as well. If one can read the daily, there shouldn't be a problem. Room service and the Blue Lagoon is always available if you miss a lunch while on a shore excursion.

Hi and thanks...Guess if I'm able to read these boards, I'm certain I can handle reading the Freestyle Daily...I hope that coment was not an intentional dig...I'm sure it was not.

We just wanted a little idea as to times as this is the first NCL....

No hard feelings :-)

Stay safe.

It can vary from ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary (and even day to day), so don't be surprised if the MDR is open for breakfast until only 9:30.

Always read the Freestyle Daily...that is the only definitive source for dining room hours (and lots of other things) on your cruise on that day.

Archived