Lighted Makeup Mirrors and Weight Scales in Cabins?

Pilsner Urquel

Are their lighted magnification makeup mirrors and weight scales on-board the Rotterdam? Would hate to be without the makeup mirror and the weight scale would be nice. If not, maybe they will include each at dry dock time.

The 19 days from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego over Christmas and New Years would be so much nicer with a makeup mirror and scale. Realize you can hold your own makeup mirror but the wall mounted type are the best. Guess I could bring my own scale from home as I will be flying Southwest Air. They allow 100 pounds per passenger (50 per suitcase and two suitcases per person without any fees (so far).

Was on the Amsterdam several years ago and do not recall if they had either.

Last year was on Crystal Serenity and they had both.

Thanks for any information!;)

Pipe Dreams that is too funny!

Better to watch the scale a little on a long cruise when the pounds go on easy and come off not so easy. That will work best for me. Our metabolisms are different and mine is very slowwwwwwww.

Wish the mirror was in the bathroom where the light is no doubt better. However, at the desk will work.

Thanks all for your responses!:)

Pipedreams; another great pic. I am learning to set down any beverage I may be holding before I read your posts, hard not to spill some when laughing that hard!:D

Yes, lighted mirrors in rooms; no, scales. Very good scales are in the exercise (4 letter word times two) room. Be sure to walk up the stairs to get to the scales, may help and can't hurt the results.

I suppose the thinking for putting the lighted makeup mirror in the desk area of the cabin was to free up the bathroom for other activities, plus most of the bathrooms are very small, you can sit at the desk when applying your makeup but would have to stand in the bathroom. I actually prefer the location HAL has chosen for the makeup mirror and there is additional overhead lighting in that area so lighting has not been a problem for me. Happy Sailing!

I've often wondered how accurate the scales are on a cruise ship, as you are on a moving vessel. Maybe weighing yourself while in port?

Roz

I got used to sitting at the vanity years ago on HAL ships and now do so at home. Used to pack my own magnification mirror but find their newer ones now OK for my eyesight. However I now take a portable desk lamp to use when applying my makeup. Seems as the years go by more light is needed.:)

I got used to sitting at the vanity years ago on HAL ships and now do so at home. Used to pack my own magnification mirror but find their newer ones now OK for my eyesight. However I now take a portable desk lamp to use when applying my makeup. Seems as the years go by more light is needed.:)

At home the magnified mirror is great in the bathroom. I must agree that after getting home from a cruise, I look around for a seat to put on my makeup and do my hair. Just another way that HAL spoils us! I really wish they would add a little more light to the vanity though. Like you said as the year's go by so does go the eyesight.:)

Roz,

You are right, weighing yourself on a moving ship is an unproductive experience. Hopeless if you want any accuracy. Must be done while in port. We weigh ourselves the day we embark and then as many Port days as we remember. We use the scales in the Gym. In our experience they have scales that may be in pounds or kilograms. If they are set in kilograms, we simply remember what it read the first day for comparisons. (It is fun to weigh so little in comparison to pound scales.) For us a gain means more laps around the ship or exercise in the gym.

If anyone questions the impact of boat movement on the scales, try walking up a flight of stairs when there is noticeable up and down motion of the ship. For some steps you almost float up to the step, other steps it feels like the weight of the world is on your body. Same with the scales.

Archived