How do you know if you have to tender to the island

my wife and i have been to the eastern side many many times...which port of calls are you doing...only a few require tendering...i would be happy to let you know if they requirre tendering...

saint martin will be your only problem the rest you will dock at a pier...we have been to st martin 3 times and each time we tendered...all 3 were with rccl...it has been 4 yrs since we were there...it is really not that big of a deal since the tender ships are pretty big and there is usually ALOT of help there to get on and off...i've seen people in wheel chairs do it...try not to get stressed out about tendering...it's pretty easy...enjoy the vacation of a life time...

saint martin will be your only problem the rest you will dock at a pier...we have been to st martin 3 times and each time we tendered...all 3 were with rccl...it has been 4 yrs since we were there...it is really not that big of a deal since the tender ships are pretty big and there is usually ALOT of help there to get on and off...i've seen people in wheel chairs do it...try not to get stressed out about tendering...it's pretty easy...enjoy the vacation of a life time...

Crap... I was hoping not to tender too. I'm on the NOS, same ports in June. Hopefully they've built a pier in the last 4 years? Anyone else cruise recently with an answer to this?

Is having to tender a bad thing? :confused:

I'm new at this and sail in 37 days......

I've never had to do it, so I don't know how bad it can be. But I would certainly rather just walk off the ship, than have to wait with 3,000 other people to catch a boat to the shore.

You will not be tendering in any of your ports. St. Marteen has built a large pier that accomodates even the larger ships, I was on the AOS in April, NOS sister ship and we docked at the pier. Of course the pier is not in town, you either have to take a cab or the fastest way is a water taxi which lets off down town.(5.00 for a whole day pass).

You may tender in to St. Martin only if there alot of ships that day, but chances may be slim.

I will be on NOS this March with my 11 mth. old daughter who will be in a stroller, can someone please tell me how I will know if we have to tender to one of our ports? We will be going to the Eastern Carrib.:confused:

Here's the best way to find out almost for sure (things can always change last minute though) - go to the ports cruise ship schedule

http://cruiseclues.com/portschedules.htm - the st maarten link was down though.

Just tried this too

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn

on the 15th, there are 4 ships, so you won't be tendering as that's how many the pier holds.

on the 30th, there are 5. I've been in port with about that combination, and the QM2 was the one tendering -

RCI's web site shows Navigator docked at all of her ports of call on the March 12 sailing.

The port calendar shows four ships in St. Martin on March 16 including Navigator so they probably all will dock. Though the dock area is probably going to be a zoo if all four ships are there. Navigator and Caribbean Princess will each be bringing around 3000 guests in plus two more ships worth of people.

Archived