Deck Six on Independence?

twoatsea

We are considering a balcony cabin close to midship on deck six. Is it noisy because of the promenade below it? Although the promenade is not actually right under the cabin, since the balcony cabins are over the commercial areas that line the promenade.

Are there any other issues with deck 6 and/or balcony cabins on deck 6?

This cabin is #6630, either the first/last hump cabin or just before the first hump cabin. Is the side view obstructed by the hump cabins? Are the balconies smaller because of proximity to the hump?

We would be giving up a midship area E2 cabin on deck 8. Am I correct to assume that the interiors of the E1 & E2 are the same & therefore, I will not be losing anything in that area?

Thanks

We've been Deck 6 mid-ship with no problems with noise from the promenade. In fact, it was very nice to be near the stairs and able to just walk down/up one flight instead of using the elevators.

We were not positioned exactly on the hump, so I don't know what the limitations might be there as to size of balcony.

Interior of E-1 and E-2 are exactly the same size.

6630 is not really a hump cabin, but 1 cabin away from the hump. Your view will be somewhat restricted to the aft, but not enough to be a showstopper. All E cabins are the same size. Having never stayed in one of these cabins on deck 6 I can't say for sure. Having said that, my dw and I did comment, to each other, on the loud music comming up during dinner times and parades. At most other times it was fine. For what it's worth, we've been on all 3 Freedom class ships.

Rollie

Archived