Restaurants on Monarch?

Sorry if it's been covered, but I couldn't find it. Are there specialty restaurants on board Monarch of the Seas? I dont have the option to book them online, and not sure why. If not, do they have sushi/Asain anywhere? Anything else we HAVE to try? First time R.C. cruisers, any tips/advice is sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

There are no restaurants that you can book online on the Monarch. No Portofino or Chops. There's a Jade, which is a sushi place. I hear it's at the back of the Windjammer and nothing really special and no "real" sushi. More like California roll-type stuff. I could be wrong about that...it's what I've read on these boards.

I've been on her sister, the Majesty. Majesty has a Johnny Rockets but no Jade, Monarch vice-versa.

Both have Sorrento's Pizza and the Compass Deli. But neither have Chops or Portofino.

Jade is the only "specialty" (and I use that word in jest!!) restaraunt, it's upstairs in the Windjammer. We ate there once, no plans to go back.....sushi is fair, the hot stone thingy that you cook yourself is a waste of money (IMO only). The food stuck to the stone, was so hungry when we finished that we went downstairs and got food from the Jammer!!

There is a nice area all the way to the back of the Jammer that's a bit quieter and is open at lunch and breakfast. It overlooks the very front of the ship, offers pretty much the same as the bigger buffet in the "main" Jammer but on a smaller scale.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Lynda

... Both have Sorrento's Pizza and the Compass Deli. But neither have Chops or Portofino.

No Compass Deli on Monarch. Jade is the only specialty restaurant. Jade is an extra cost restaurant where items are priced a la carte.

No Compass Deli on Monarch. Jade is the only specialty restaurant. Jade is an extra cost restaurant where items are priced a la carte.

I knew (thought) there was only one difference between Maj and Mon, which was one has Jade and the other has Johnny. Does the Monarch have Johnny and the difference is actually one has Jade and the other has the Compass Deli?

I knew (thought) there was only one difference between Maj and Mon, which was one has Jade and the other has Johnny. Does the Monarch have Johnny and the difference is actually one has Jade and the other has the Compass Deli?

Well, I could be mistaken, but I don't think I've seen Johnny Rockets or Compass Deli on Monarch.

Thank You all for the help. We really enjoy sushi/Asian food, so thats good. What is the "hot stone" someone spoke of? No idea. So, I guess the question now is "is there a Compass Deli on the ship, is there a Johnny ROckets? And, also what is a Johnny Rockets? THanks again.

Archived