How do u make the rum runners in the plastic flasks

spotter27

i just use the RR flasks for the alcohol;)

you can find mixers on board easy enough:)

as far as beer goes,i havent tried,but i bet you could stick a 12pack into your checked luggage and get away with it...i have brought mountain dew 12pk on that way and it came thru no prob:cool:

dave

Most everyone uses rumrunners for liquor. Except host Mach, who says officially he only puts tea in there.;)

People have reported success in putting beer in the checked bags. For my money, it's too heavy, since we're already bringing on wine, sodas and liquor. The beer just doesn't make the cut.

I can usually find some beer in port and bring it back in a carry-on.

Just the booze in the rum-runners.

I brought an extra duffle bag (small). Filled it with a twelve pack of soda, and two 6-packs of bottled soda. (Bought the evening we flew in.)

Put 2 boxes of wine in suitcases. (Padded with clothes.) Extra clothes that no longer fit in suitcase can go in duffle bag. Beer could be substituted for wine, but I would want plastic bottles.

Kathy

I'm really thinking of buying some of these RR. I've always just used a large mouthwash bottle but haven't in a while. Think that would still work or no? Finding juices on board after breakfast is hard, so what do y'all do after that? Just buy it at the bar?

I'm really thinking of buying some of these RR. I've always just used a large mouthwash bottle but haven't in a while. Think that would still work or no? Finding juices on board after breakfast is hard, so what do y'all do after that? Just buy it at the bar?

I think you can get it at bars with soda card.

OR,.... There is always room service!!

i just use the RR flasks for the alcohol;)

you can find mixers on board easy enough:)

as far as beer goes,i havent tried,but i bet you could stick a 12pack into your checked luggage and get away with it...i have brought mountain dew 12pk on that way and it came thru no prob:cool:

dave

Where do you actually buy these?

What is the trade description, as Ive looked up rum runners on the i.net with no success. :)

Doesnt the juice go bad? Or is it just Alcohol you use them for? what can u do for beer drinkers besides pay carnivals beer prices?

"Rum Runners" is the brand name for the plastic flasks. Most people use them to bring booze with them. They use juice procured on board as a mixer.

As for beer drinkers, I guess you could try to sneak it in your luggage.

Seemingly on carnival, they don't care about booze. I had five things in my backpack, one being a can of beer and that made it through my carry-on. I didn't even I know I had that beer in there. I did the rum runner thing, but next time barring any alcohol enforcement updates, I'm going to just bring the bottles. RCCL seems to be very strict on the other hand.

I've heard of people who bring 12 packs of soda in their check in luggage loaded with beer. They just pull out the soda's from the inside and load it with beer then top it off with 2 sodas at either end. So you get 4 sodas and 8 beers in each 12 pack. Cautionary note. Sealing the end of the 12 pack with tape would be a dead giveaway that they had already been opened. Elmers glue (or any white glue) would work better in my opinion.

For our rum runners (we got the spring break kit), we are bringing 2 (32 oz) ones filled with premixed Golden Margarita (from Costco) and 2 (32 oz) ones filled with premixed Bacardi Mojito's (from Costco). Not the best drinks in the world, but they'll do for the cruise. We will also bring 2 (8 oz) ones with rum or Canadian Club, and the last (8 oz) one filled with Drambuie.

Thinking about bringing a 3 ltr. Black Box Merlot but haven't tried it yet. Does any one else have a favorite Merlot or Sirrah that comes in box form.

I've heard of people who bring 12 packs of soda in their check in luggage loaded with beer. They just pull out the soda's from the inside and load it with beer then top it off with 2 sodas at either end. So you get 4 sodas and 8 beers in each 12 pack. Cautionary note. Sealing the end of the 12 pack with tape would be a dead giveaway that they had already been opened. Elmers glue (or any white glue) would work better in my opinion.

quote]

Just be careful to wrap the 12-pk in double garbage bags. We had a 12-pk of Coke explode in our checked luggage. Not pretty. I'm sure the baggage handlers were loving us. (Not)

Archived