Casual evening dining on Cunard

Cruise Arizona

I did a bit of a search on this forum, and couldn't quite find the answer.

Does Cunard offer any casual evening dining options, or just room service. I read where they have a section of the Kings Court open, but it is technically still supposed to be formal, even if not enforced.

I did a bit of a search on this forum, and couldn't quite find the answer.

Does Cunard offer any casual evening dining options, or just room service. I read where they have a section of the Kings Court open, but it is technically still supposed to be formal, even if not enforced.

I just returned and the daily program stated that on formal nights dress code was required in the dining room/alternate restaurants/Tod English and the showroom. As on most formal nights three quaters of the Kings court is used for the alternate restaurants. There is only a small area used for the buffet. There were a few people there who were not dressed but they did stand out. Cunard is the last line with as much formal requirements even Regent have just backed off. Remember the people who sail Cunard do so because they like the Formal Style.

Just my opinion......................

I have just returned from Queen Victoria. For the first time there was a letter in the stateroom "to respectfully remind you of the Cunard dress code as mentioned in your pre-voyage documentation. Your consideration for fellow guests and co-operation in adhering to the dress code helps us maintain that unique and special ambiance which our guests enjoy on baord a Cunard liner.

Our dress code...applies every evening from 6pm...."

In other words, to the whole ship!

You certainly don't have to dress formally in the buffet section of King's Court.

When Two At Sea spoke to Cunard the other day they were given this advice

"the conforming dress code for dinner in King's Court is elegant casual - every night, even on formal nights, in all 4 sections of King's Court, even Chef's Galley. Elegant casual was described as a collared polo shirt, slacks, & jacket for men, and slacks/blouse/pants suit for women".

Cruise Arizona, when I talked with a Cunard rep, he stated that Cunard does not expect the Kings Court diners to hide in their cabins on formal nights. However, I understood that casual dress diners should not attend the evening entertainment & other venues, which is acceptable to my husband & I. However, IMO it is acceptable if on formal attire nights the Kings Court diners want to walk the outside decks in the Kings Court requirement of elegant casual.

With that said, DH & I will be respectful (in our opinions) if we eat dinner in Kings Court on formal night. We will follow that dress code for every nite of elegant casual & we will not wander around the ship.

Archived