Jewel of the Seas Dancing the night away?

You can "do" whatever type of dancing you like! In the Centrum, they sometimes have a "combo" that will play ballroom-type music, and folks do dance to it.

The nightclub is usually "club" music...top-40, country, salsa, line-dancing...etc...

My husband and I found many places to dance on the Jewel. The lounge at the back of the ship (Colony Club?) has a nice a area for dancing with a small band there at various times most evenings. Played a variety of music suitable for fox trots, waltzes, cha-cha, etc. The Centrum usually had a trio playing dance music, but teeny tiny area for dancing. It would get really crowded! Anyway, lots of opportunity for ballroom dancing, just check the Compass each day!

Sherri:)

We haven't been on the Jewel in a couple of years now, but were on her sister, Radiance a couple of weeks ago. We were able to practice our steps every night - A Latin Band and a soft-rock (for want of a better way to describe them) combo played almost every night, trading off between the Centrum and the Colony Club (Safari Club on the Jewel, I think).

They had a 70s night (practice those hustle steps) and I'm dimly recalling a big band night with the orchestra, but that might have been Mariner that I'm remembering (Mariner didn't have nearly as much music for dancing as Radiance, having one less band- a real shame).

So if Jewel's CD is similarly inclined, you'll have plenty of dancing opportunites. Have fun!

jewel of the seas has music played several if not most hours of the day in the centrum.. feel free to dance there.. also they have lots of dancing in the safari lounge especially right after dinner, then if your still up enjoy vortex .. the dj in vortex is very good and willingly to play most requests

Archived