Pinnacle Grill?

sail7seas

We've only been on HAL for 10-12 day cruises. Generally we have dinner in the Pinnacle just once a cruise. DH gets very attached to our dining room servers and "hates to let them down" by not enjoying dinner in the MDR.

I can honestly say we have never even thought about having lunch in the Pinnacle. If it is a port day, we eat on shore to try out new and different cuisines. On a sea day, its a quick, light lunch in the Lido.

Perhaps if we went on a longer cruise with a large number of sea days, we would try it out.

We have done breakfast at the Pinnacle a couple of times but since we like to eat early waiting until 8AM is not feasible for us. Have never done lunch but might try it on our cruise in December and we always eat dinner there at least once especially on the night of the Master Chef's dinner which we absolutely do not like.

Barbara

I'm booked in an SC cabin on Zuiderdam, which I think counts as a deluxe verandah suite. If hubby and I want to go to Pinnacle for breakfast, can we get a table for 2 or is it all open seating? We're not really morning people so aren't up to participating in a conversation with strangers. If it's open seating, we'll stick to Lido for breakfast or room service.

Yes. Category "SC" is a Deluxe Veranda Suite which entitles you to breakfast in Pinnacle and you will absolutely have a table to yourself. No problem.

We are staying in a Deluxe Verandah Suite, so we can use the Pinnacle for breakfast. We have some friends who will be on the cruise with us, but are staying in a regular verandah room. Can they be our "guests" for breakfast at the Pinnacle Grill?

No, you should not bring them to Pinnacle Breakfast. Sorry but that is a benefit people in those suites pay for. If we all brought 'just my mom and dad' or 'just the couple' we are traveling with or 'just - fill in the blank -"..... well, you get the picture.

That is not to say no one has done it but IMO it isn't right to do so. JMHO........

They also are not invited to use Neptune Lounge. Nothing to stop you from bringing some snacks back from the Neptune to your cabin and sharing with them but they do not have Neptune privileges. They didn't buy them.

I have deluxe suite on Eurodam in December. Under the suite ammenities on the HAL site I seem to remember getting lunch and or breakfast at the Pinnacle included but now I don't see it anymore.

Do you get either of these included? Thanks

Parrot, you DO get breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill with your Deluxe Verandah Suite. It's the same menu as in the Main Dining Room, but the atmosphere and service are totally elegant.

For us, we eat a good hot breakfast there - and would have no room for dinner if we ate lunch too. So we've never experienced the Pinnacle Lunch. We grab a few munchies from the Neptune around noon, and that's about all we can eat. I keep hearing such wonderful things about that Pinnacle Lunch though - one of these days we'll have to skip breakfast and give it a try.

Breakfast in the Pinnacle is a quiet place but the food comes from the MDR so service is slow. The Lido is the best place for breakfast. Never had lunch in the Pinnacle, can't justify the cost for a burger. And we have always been disappointed with our dinners. Only went once the last trip as it was a gift to us and again, dinner was not as good as in the dining room.

We don't usually do lunch in any traditional sense and I really like the salad bars, DH loves the sandwich station and the wok station - plus we tend to eat lunch later and like to avoid crowds. Lido works fine for us, but we do want to get to Pinnacle one of these days for their lunch.

The Suites luncheon on Maasdam in 2008 was held in the Pinnacle - a Rijsttafel hosted by HM and the Captain and it was one of the nicest we've attended. I'd do that again in a heartbeat. :)

On our last cruise we did the Pinnacle for dinner on the last night of the cruise. Made for a good end to the cruise.

This next cruise we are hoping to do 1 night in the Pinnacle and possibly a lunch. I'll be cruising with my kids so our dinner will depend on if we can get the kids into the Kids Club in time for us to still enjoy dinner.

No, you should not bring them to Pinnacle Breakfast. Sorry but that is a benefit people in those suites pay for. If we all brought 'just my mom and dad' or 'just the couple' we are traveling with or 'just - fill in the blank -"..... well, you get the picture.

That is not to say no one has done it but IMO it isn't right to do so. JMHO........

They also are not invited to use Neptune Lounge. Nothing to stop you from bringing some snacks back from the Neptune to your cabin and sharing with them but they do not have Neptune privileges. They didn't buy them.

So, based on your logic, my husband and son should be able to utilize the PG for breakfast, and the Neptune Lounge, on our next cruise, but my daughter and I shouldn't because we booked two cabins...one a suite and one a regular verandah next door...and had to split the adults up on the booking because you have to have someone over 25 in each cabin? I'm sure glad HAL doesn't subscribe to your logic, because we did this same setup before, and HAL was very clear that everyone in our family was to be treated as suite guests, and not just the two who had their names listed as the ones in the suite. It was probably because it was immediate family, with the two teens and the two adults...but I was sure glad to see that HAL understood the situation and worked with us on it.

Same thing goes for the daily canapes that can be delivered to the suite. On our last cruise we occasionally ordered service for 4 and invited some non-suite friends to join us. The concierges didn't blink an eye when we asked for service for 4 rather than 2, so it apparently is a fairly common practice.

That being said, I totally agree with you that suite guests have paid for the special privileges and should not offer them up to just anyone. But I'm not bothered, as a suite guest, if someone brings a friend in to the Neptune Lounge just for a bit or asks if they can bring someone else along for breakfast in the PG...as long as it is not a daily habit.

However, breakfast in the PG is painfully slow and the food isn't any different than that in the MDR. As for lunch or dinner, we've never done lunch, but have done dinner on both our previous HAL cruises...and will not ever go there again. The service was excellent but the food was mediocre and definitely not worth the surcharge. We much prefer the MDR...especially for the price.

Archived