What was your favourite/best Caribbean Excursion with Royal Caribbean?

We did the Regatta in St. Martin and my daughter and I did not care for it at all. It was alot of work and I did not get to enjoy the sail.

Sorry that you did not enjoy this - my husband and son loved it - they do explain that you are the "crew" and that everyone is given a job to do - it is not intended to be a sit back and relax type of sail. At the time, my son was a senior in high school - big kid - football player - he loved all the exercise and work - believe he was a grinder, but they really did have a good time together.

Look at the ship's excursions and then talk about them with your nephew to see what he would be interested in. It isn't often what you would think. We did the America's Cup Yacht Race a couple of years ago and loved it, but my son, who was 16, at the time didn't have any interest to go with us at all. In St. Thomas we did a the Pirate Tour. My husband and I found it boring. Our son and daughter, both history lovers, were fascinated and still talk about it 2 years later. In other words, what sounds great, or lousy, to you, may be just what a kid wants.

We usually do independent excursions, not only because they are often less expensive but because there are many places or activities that the cruise line doesn't go to. I suggest looking into both and deciding what is the best for you :) sorry I can't help with more than 3 of your stops! So jealous of your itenerary!

San Juan - been here many, many times. My favorite thing to do without going out of the city is El Morro, the old fort. We (group of early 20s) had a blast exploring it and taking silly pictures, like this one. There are also STUNNING views of the ocean and the really amazing cemetery next to it. Good for to be had all over the old city. Trips out to the rain forest are also fun. If you are in Puerto Rico for multiple days, take a trip out to Vieques, very beautiful and great activities!

n46700665_31905025_2455.jpg

St. Thomas - we have enjoyed Coral World, including the helmet diving and seeing all the animals. Your nephew would probably love it! We also went parasailing for the first time here. My personal favorite was a tour around, including Blackbeard's Castle.

St. Maarten - this is usually where I do the majority of my shopping. My favorite "excursion" has been a trip to the French side of the island (cab ride) to Bayside Riding Club for a private beach ride. It was spectaular and one of my favorite things on ANY cruise I have ever taken! It was just myself, my best friend and our guide. We went through the nature preserve and on the beach, then took the horses in the water for a nice swim.

I want to thank you all for your suggestions. We've been to St. Thomas several times as we have family who live on top of Charlotte Amalie. We took our nephew Jason to Coral World amongst other places and he loved it. The one thing we have to do is the parasailing and we might try this on the trip. The other one that seems a definate is the rail and sail tour on St. Kitts. Though I'd love to do the America's Cup, I don't think my DW or nephew are up for it this time. Perhaps we'll do one of the catamarran adventures.

Thanks again,

Aaron

The best excursion I have ever been on was on Barbados, on the Silver Moon catamaran. It's not sold through RCCL, but run by a very reliable company. Do a google search for "Silver Moon Barbados" and you'll find their website.

Our day consisted of being on a huge catamaran with only 12 passengers (plus a small crew), a wonderful lunch, great drinks, snorkeling over a ship wreck, and swimming with giant sea turtles. That's a hard combination to beat! :D

They have 2 catamaran's, and I think the other one holds 24 people. It's supposed to be very nice, but we prefer the smaller one and have been 2 different times. Book early...they sell out fast.

• 4 weeks later...
We did the Regatta in St. Martin and my daughter and I did not care for it at all. It was alot of work and I did not get to enjoy the sail.

Thanks for posting your view. People love this excursion but I think I'd feel the same way, lol. Probably good for people who want a really high-energy trip.

Archived