Romance Package Price Change!

xu_chen

Sure, sure it is ONLY 5 stinking dollars. Everybody who cruises can afford the 5 stinking dollars.

However, it is a 25% increase. I am sorry but the "quality of the food" has not risen 25%. Nor has the service.

You may be willing to pay that unwarranted increase, but I am guessing a lot of folks are not. But just as sure as I am of that, I am sure that there will be enough people like yourself who will not be bothered by it and continue to cruise on NCL.

And that's OK.

And you have access to NCL's financial and marketing data that allows you to conclude it's unwarranted? You know what their costs are, you know what the demand is, you know how that stacks up against similar restaurants on other cruise lines?

I seriously doubt anyone selects a cruise based on a $5 price difference for a single specialty restaurant.

Sure, sure it is ONLY 5 stinking dollars. Everybody who cruises can afford the 5 stinking dollars.

However, it is a 25% increase. I am sorry but the "quality of the food" has not risen 25%. Nor has the service.

You may be willing to pay that unwarranted increase, but I am guessing a lot of folks are not. But just as sure as I am of that, I am sure that there will be enough people like yourself who will not be bothered by it and continue to cruise on NCL.

And that's OK.

Sorry, but you have not cruised on NCL since '07. Since then they've implemented Freestyle 2.0, INCLUDING an average 20% increase in spending on FOOD!

So how you can be so certain, baffles me.

Decided to buy a Romance Package for our honeymoon cruise next month. Read so much about the Romance Package on this message board and also looked it up on NCL's web site last Friday! The $79 package looked wonderful and to be of great value too.

Well, called today to book it, and was told the price was changed YESTERDAY to $135. NCL almost doubled it!

I booked the cruise a month ago, both the agent and NCL are aware that it was our honeymoon, besides I wanted to place the order last Friday but just didn't get around to it. Explained all of this to NCL and all they would say is "sorry there is nothing we can do."

So we decided not to get it since we'd feel bad about it knowing we got ripped off just by calling a day too late. Very unfortunate that NCL could not be more accomodating with a SUDDEN and DRASTIC price change.

Yes, I was very dissappointed in that too...we were going to order it on our NCL Sun cruise 12/06...the cruise is reasonable but they get their money on the extras...the Holland America cruises offer so much more for the price.

Sorry, but you have not cruised on NCL since '07. Since then they've implemented Freestyle 2.0, INCLUDING an average 20% increase in spending on FOOD!

So how you can be so certain, baffles me.

Yessir. Been a whole two years.

Freestyle 2.0 is only an upgraded cost to the original Freestyle which wasn't that big a difference from the original cruise before Freestyle. And you may buy into the 20% increase BS, I do not.

And you have access to NCL's financial and marketing data that allows you to conclude it's unwarranted? You know what their costs are, you know what the demand is, you know how that stacks up against similar restaurants on other cruise lines?

I seriously doubt anyone selects a cruise based on a $5 price difference for a single specialty restaurant.

No sir, just know that a 25% increase in NCL's product is not warranted, period. I don't need access to their financial papers to make that determination. I just know that they have not increased the value of their product by 25% since 1994 (the year I first sailed with them) through 2007 (the year I last sailed with them). In fact the value has not increased at all, perhaps has even declined.

No sir, just know that a 25% increase in NCL's product is not warranted, period. I don't need access to their financial papers to make that determination. I just know that they have not increased the value of their product by 25% since 1994 (the year I first sailed with them) through 2007 (the year I last sailed with them). In fact the value has not increased at all, perhaps has even declined.

Of course, since 1994 I'm sure NOTHING has changed ;)

I know that I still expect 1994 prices today

Of course, since 1994 I'm sure NOTHING has changed ;)

Level it up MBisson. Of course things have changed since 1994 (my previous statement was a bit facetious, but only a bit). The point is that freestyle and freestyle 2.0 are not significantly different and certainly are not worthy of a 25% increase.

NCL while not guilty of ripping its' consumers off, certainly are crossing the line of tearing into them.

Level it up MBisson. Of course things have changed since 1994 (my previous statement was a bit facetious, but only a bit). The point is that freestyle and freestyle 2.0 are not significantly different and certainly are not worthy of a 25% increase.

NCL while not guilty of ripping its' consumers off, certainly are crossing the line of tearing into them.

What in heaven's name does a price increase in one specialty restaurant have to do with the differences between Freestyle and Freestyle 2.0? You're talking as if NCL has increased the price of cruises 25%.

Only a bit??? 15 year exaggeration 'only a bit'???

I wish I had kept track of the prices of the spec dining rooms over the last few years. They haven't often changed, but yes, if you want to say that's a 25% increase over the last few months-it sounds like a big jump. If you want to look at it over time---well, sadly prices do go up.

I wish I had kept track of the prices of the spec dining rooms over the last few years. They haven't often changed, but yes, if you want to say that's a 25% increase over the last few months-it sounds like a big jump. If you want to look at it over time---well, sadly prices do go up.

For example, in mid 1994, the price of crude oil was around $19 a barrel, about 25% of what it is today. The wholesale price of chicken was about $0.38 per pound versus about $0.80 per pound this year.

Yessir. Been a whole two years.

Freestyle 2.0 is only an upgraded cost to the original Freestyle which wasn't that big a difference from the original cruise before Freestyle. And you may buy into the 20% increase BS, I do not.

I have experienced the increase. YOU, have not.

For example, in mid 1994, the price of crude oil was around $19 a barrel, about 25% of what it is today. The wholesale price of chicken was about $0.38 per pound versus about $0.80 per pound this year.

Thanks nj

(off topic but I remember a time with my parents, when they refused to ever buy watermelon if it was more than 5 cents a lb LOL)

We can all play all the games we want. In 1994 we didn't pay extra to eat on board NCL ships. Period. It was included in the package. I know, I know, the price of the cruise, etc. etc. yada, yada, yada. But, we are talking the price of specialty dining, which hasn't been around all that long.

We can all play all the games we want. In 1994 we didn't pay extra to eat on board NCL ships. Period. It was included in the package. I know, I know, the price of the cruise, etc. etc. yada, yada, yada. But, we are talking the price of specialty dining, which hasn't been around all that long.

And in 2009, you may choose to pay extra to eat in a specialty restaurant, but you certainly don't have to pay extra to eat on NCL.

Not certain when specialty dining became forte', but cetainly within the last 10 years. What you used to get with the price of admission you started to pay extra for. Now, you pay 25% more for that same food than you did a year ago.

Look, I could give a rat's behind if you desire to do so, that is your prerogative. I just choose not to do so, but will still call a spade a spade.

Not certain when specialty dining became forte', but cetainly within the last 10 years. What you used to get with the price of admission you started to pay extra for. Now, you pay 25% more for that same food than you did a year ago.

Look, I could give a rat's behind if you desire to do so, that is your prerogative. I just choose not to do so, but will still call a spade a spade.

OK I guess you would be happier with smaller annual increases or sailing a different line then. That's your prerogative-I know which of those 2 options I prefer you take ;)

Archived