Question about the average ages on cruise this time of year

PA8880

Hi all! I'm a 20-something girl going on a trip with some 30-something friends. Will there be folks my age to hang out with? I understand its a relatively older crowd - which is totally cool, but is there any children or younger folks cruising around now?

Heading to the caribbean next week - if that helps.

At this time of year, expect the majority of the passengers to be in the 55+ age range. I don't think Princess has a break-down for adult age brackets, only for those under 18. I'm sure there will be many people in the 20-30 age range, but they will not be the majority. Even Carnival cruises at this time of year cater to the older crowd.

It seems that summertime cruises bring out more of the younger set then fall and winter. I am sure there will be a mix of age groups onboard, but I would also bet that most will be on the older side (50+).

When school is in session, you find far fewer families and younger children onboard also, but the closer to school holidays, Thanksgiving (U.S.), Christmas, Spring Break, the more kids you will find onboard traveling with their parents/grandparents. Have a great cruise!

On Panama Cruise 10-21 to 10-31 most over 55. There were only three children (6 months, 4yrs, and 12yrs.) guess school comes before cruising. The baby was a star of attention, but Mom and Dad didn't seem to be having a great time. The word babysitter or grandparents come to mind.

I also agree with all the other posts but 2 years ago we sailed in Oct (7 day) & the ship must have had an average age of 70. The following year we sailed the same ship a week or so later & it was all families of various ages. Except for holiday & summer sailings it's almost impossible to forecast.

Yeah, the above posts are right on the mark, however, you are traveling at this time of year so you can expect there will be others your age as well - but not many! You will probably be able to hook up with the ship staff which is more your age and are able to mingle with the passengers.

Archived