Thanksgiving Dinner

CrusinFamily01

For those of you who have cruised during thanksgiving do the ships offer a turkey dinner? We will be on the Jewel in 16 days:)

I would think they do only because a turkey dinner is available on the regular menu one of the nights so I think they would just make that night Thanksgiving.

We were on the Star last Thanksgiving and they served turkey (it was kind of more like a high end turkey roll) it was delish. Hubby had 4 plates of it and all the trimmings. One thing that I heard here on CC was to make reservations for that night. So the first thing we did when we got on board was make reservations in the main (free) dining room (Versailles, I think) and it was the best piece of advise I found on here. When we went to dinner the line was sooooo long to be seated, but becuase we had reservations, we were ushered right in. I heard people waited for a couple of hours to be seated.

Agree with Caligirl, we enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner in the MDR- it was a fancysmancy type meal. I suspect if you want a more traditional Thanksgiving meal, the buffet might be a better pick....For those of you like me for whom its just not thanksgiving without a leftover turkey sandwich, last year on Star, they were carving turkey on the buffet so I got some and had a sandwich for my midnight snack!

Agree with Caligirl, we enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner in the MDR- it was a fancysmancy type meal. I suspect if you want a more traditional Thanksgiving meal, the buffet might be a better pick....For those of you like me for whom its just not thanksgiving without a leftover turkey sandwich, last year on Star, they were carving turkey on the buffet so I got some and had a sandwich for my midnight snack!

We were on the Gem for Thanksgiving last year. Both the MDRs and buffet were busy that night. Turkey dinner with dressing was available in the MDR. They were carving turkey in the buffet, but they did not have dressing or other traditional thanksgiving side dishes in the buffet. DH who loves stuffing/dressing was dissappointed. So, overall I'd say the more traditional Thanksgiving dinner was served in the MDR, but the buffet would have been great for that turkey sandwich. YMMV.

We had Thanksgiving dinner on the Sky last year. It was fairly traditional, just slightly fancy. We did find that this was the one evening where there was a short wait to dine in the main dining room, so you may want to expect more people in the dining rooms that day. More people were dressed up as well. I think a lot of people were looking for a traditional holiday dinner feel for that meal.

I LOVE that idea - I'm always looking for a sandwich that night!! THANKS...2 weeks can't wait!! NCL PEARL here we come!

For those of you who have cruised during thanksgiving do the ships offer a turkey dinner? We will be on the Jewel in 16 days:)

I'll be on this cruise as well.

You should come over to the roll call board and join our roll call.

We have a meet and mingle booked.:D

Just 2 weeks to go!!!!

Lois

This is something I was thinking of asking but haven't. Glad someone posted! We'll be on our honeymoon cruise next year during the last week and a half of November. My fiance loves the turkey and sides on Thanksgiving so this will make him happy....I'm also happy I won't have to cook the big dinner! :D

Archived