Question about CruiseTour Connector Packages

Sheltieluv

Good morning all

Yesterday we received a brochure from HAL giving some info about CruiseTour Connector Packages, indicating that we can start and end the CruiseTour in Seattle. For example, it costs $349 for tours beginning or ending in Anchorage, and $449 for tours beginning or ending in Fairbanks or Vancouver. It also indicates an overnight hotel stay in Seattle. "Quote"--"Book your tour, purchase roundtrip Seattle air, and leave the rest to us...."

Since it's definitely cheaper for us to fly rt to/from Seattle, this sounds like something we might do. However, my TA is out of the country for the next several weeks, so if anyone can answer the following ?'s I'd be grateful--

1. We've never done a CruiseTour. $$-wise, do you think this is a good deal? Like I mentioned, it is indeed cheaper to fly rt from Seattle, and connections will be much easier than if we went to Anchorage or Vancouver, but time-wise, would we have to overnight After the tour ends as well? (We live in Syracuse, NY). Last year we did the inside passage cruise out of Seattle, and it was wonderful. We would, however, like to see more of Alaska, hence our interest in a cruisetour.

2. In your opinions, is it better start w/ the cruise, or end w/ the cruise?

Any insight anyone might share will be appreciated. I'm sure that there are lots of HAL devotees out there who can help me w/ some information. I realize that this CruiseTour Connector Package is new, but perhaps there is someone out there who has already checked into it? Thanks!!!;)

End with the cruise.

We went on an Alaska cruise tour with RCI a couple of years ago. Started in Fairbanks and ended in Vancouver. The land portion is usually pretty busy - new hotel every night, lots of stuff going on during the day, etc. Then you get to the ship and unpack and you're good to go for the next 7 days. Although that wasn't the reason I chose that route to start with - I was just trying to get the longest flights out of the way at the beginning.

Then we spent a couple more days in Vancouver to do some sightseeing there. An absolutely great trip.

We have not done a cruise tour yet, but are set for one in June. We are doing the cruise last for the reasons stated. If you are not a cruiser, then you might wonder why a bit more. One of the great things about a cruise is unpacking once, and relaxing the rest of the time. We are sure the tour part will be a lot of moving, and we will likely be tired. We did a 14-day Scandinavian cruise last summer and even though we were on the ship every night, the tours started to get exhausting. Bearing that in mind, we are looking forward to arriving at the ship somewhat tired from the 5 days of touring, and then having a week to rewind.

Archived