Just wanted to share my news...

CruisinEars

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your career with Princess as much as you enjoy the product. Will you be doing the commute from Everett to downtown Seattle every day? Or are you going to work a shift that allows you to travel off-peak hours? I know that the I-5 can be quite the parking lot sometimes... :rolleyes:

Avcruz,

Thanks!

My training is 8-5 so I can take the bus and park in the park-n-ride about 5 minutes from my house. After I get my work schedule, I have no idea. I could be there any shift from 5am to 9pm. I will have to either drive or take the bus depending. I can make it in 35-40 minutes during non-peak time.

Avcruz,

Thanks!

My training is 8-5 so I can take the bus and park in the park-n-ride about 5 minutes from my house. After I get my work schedule, I have no idea. I could be there any shift from 5am to 9pm. I will have to either drive or take the bus depending. I can make it in 35-40 minutes during non-peak time.

35-40 minutes isn't too bad. Well, good luck and keep us informed of how you're doing.

As a P&O Navigation Officer we used to get 80% discount for cruises - providing it did not exclude a full fare paying passnger!

I have seen it when someone was just getting settled in and they were asked to leave as a regular pax had paid full fare.

This never happens at Princess. All Employee Bookings are Confirmed Bookings. They do not kick you off the ship (only if you do a criminal act).

;);):eek:;);)

Congratulations! How exciting for you! Are you a travel consultant or do you have prior travel industry experience?

Just wondering as I'd love to work for Princess too, I've made enquiries and have been told that prior travel industry experience isn't necessary just excellent customer service skills and most importantly PASSION for cruising which I guess we all have here!:D

Congrats Jennifer on your job with Princess. It's probably a relief to find a good job with a solid company as Princess. I'm sure you will be limited in what you can say on the posts...however if there are any sort of tips in how we can keep our cabins cooler than what the thermostat says we'd love to hear it.

Best wishes to you

Congratulations on the new job Jennifer. When I worked for Princess back in the mid-80s, we could take three cruises a year for $15 per day plus airfare. It was an awesome perk. I understand that perk has changed but it still has to be a good discount.

Thanks again for all of the "Congratulations".

I started training today and I think it will be a great company to work for. I get the impression that they treat the employees very well. I am not allowed to discuss the perks, but I think I will be enjoying a few cruises in the future for less than published rate.

I don't have industry experience, but I have always wanted to work in the industry. I do have customer service experience though. There are a couple of people in my training group that have never even been on a cruise, so that is not a requirement either.

If you want a job with Princess, go for it Sydneycruiser and Cruisin' Chick.

My hubby and I have discussed me seeking a job at the Princess HQs in a few years when I don't need to chauffered my daughter around as much. I'm about 30 miles away from Santa Clarita via freeway. Too bad there's not a direct road' date=' which would be way, way shorter.[/quote']

But traveling north from Northridge should be easy in the morning since all of the traffic will be going AWAY from Santa Clarita. I use to take The Old Road to Northridge and it would take 30 minutes, all on surface roads. Taking the 5 north should be a piece of cake. :)

But traveling north from Northridge should be easy in the morning since all of the traffic will be going AWAY from Santa Clarita. I use to take The Old Road to Northridge and it would take 30 minutes, all on surface roads. Taking the 5 north should be a piece of cake. :)

That's true, as long as there's no more road closures ('94 earthquake and the tunnel fire a couple of years ago).

with my fellow cc'ers and cruise enthusiasts.

I got a job with Princess!

I am very excited and I start my training on Monday. I will be a Reservation Agent in the Seattle call center. The pay isn't great, but the future benefits will be pretty good.

Jennifer: I used to work in that office, there are a lot of very nice people there. Get good grades in class so that you can bid the best shifts. If you are an early bird, try for the 5 am to 2 pm shift with the Monday through Friday option. It is the BEST. Good luck.

My hubby and I have discussed me seeking a job at the Princess HQs in a few years when I don't need to chauffered my daughter around as much. I'm about 30 miles away from Santa Clarita via freeway. Too bad there's not a direct road' date=' which would be way, way shorter.[/quote']

Patty....don't do it. The Santa Clarita office sux....:D. We all know that you love Seattle, so come and work for the office here. Great location, great people, and much more "chill" than Santa Clarita.

Patty....don't do it. The Santa Clarita office sux....:D. We all know that you love Seattle, so come and work for the office here. Great location, great people, and much more "chill" than Santa Clarita.

Wouldn't mind one day moving up there. Girl's in 7th grade so she has some more years of schooling, even though she's very good at making new friends. Hubby has some years to go before financially he could retire, even though he's still at a hostile work environment. And now furloughs have been started. His mother still is hanging in, though she's at the final stages of her cancer.

Maybe by the time I start checking out the S.C. office, things will be better. It can't be worse than working for the City of LA.

CruisinEars, I do hope you get a chance to talk to your new boss and get permission to blog or something. I remember there was a thread on the Holland board here from an employee, but I didn't check it out.

I think if Princess is even attempting to make sure the CSRs and reservation agents are getting schooled on the cruiseline, people may appreciate them better.

Archived