Just wanted to share my news...

CruisinEars

with my fellow cc'ers and cruise enthusiasts.

I got a job with Princess!

I am very excited and I start my training on Monday. I will be a Reservation Agent in the Seattle call center. The pay isn't great, but the future benefits will be pretty good.

As a P&O Navigation Officer we used to get 80% discount for cruises - providing it did not exclude a full fare paying passnger!

I have seen it when someone was just getting settled in and they were asked to leave as a regular pax had paid full fare.

I am very excited and I start my training on Monday. I will be a Reservation Agent in the Seattle call center. The pay isn't great, but the future benefits will be pretty good.

So now you'll be one of those CSR that people always complain about --- but good luck anyway.

Congratulations! Perhaps like DrivesLikeMario I'll have the chance to chat with you when I call in someday. :)

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all of the nice sentiments.

To answer a couple of questions, my training is for approx. 4 weeks so I should be on the phones after Dec. 14. Princess has 3 floors of offices and a call center in downtown Seattle. I will have to be there a year before the good travel benefits kick in. I am not sure what all I am allowed to say, so I will have to be vague for the time being.

I look forward to "working" with all of you when you call in if you get me.

Congrats !

As an employee you will probably be limited to "company line" to represent Princess accurately. If your compay is like mine you may have to be really careful about other commentary online.

But we wish you the best, and hope you provide great service when we call.

Congratulations on your new job!

Please be very careful. I remember when someone was working for another cruise line and posting. They got fired even though they didn't say very much. The cruise line was able to figure out who it was and posting on a website about his job was a violation of their policy.

You might have a different set of rules than he did (he didn't work for Princess) but I wouldn't want you to jeopardize your opportunity.

Good luck and enjoy those perks!

Whimsy,

I hear you. I will be very careful and will wait to find out what the regulations are before saying anything that isn't available to the general public already.

I am just excited to have a job after 9 months of unemployment and have it be for the cruise company that I really like is a major bonus.

Archived