Family of 6 - suite question

tm5to1

Why do the descriptions of the 'Family Suites' and 'Royal Family Suites' mention that they sleep 8, but they'll only let you book 5 people in the room? Is it possible to book the 2 bedroom suites for 6 people?

We are a family of 6 and have been in several RFS (INDY our favorite) they will hold 8 but that is using the pull out sofa bed..Since they can only put 4 pax on a reservation you must have two resv. and two booking #'s they will be linked..this is why you can't do it online...call since there are usually only 3 or 4 of these cabins they go very fast...we always book ours a year in advance.....Enjoy....

ashland...we'll probably be on the Freedom for a 7-night trip to Eastern Caribbean. Any idea on approximate cost range for the RFS?

I have found that the price of the RFS is often on par with, or a bit more than, the (first two) pp price of the OS. Since you can view the price of the OS that is a quick way to get an idea.

ashland...we'll probably be on the Freedom for a 7-night trip to Eastern Caribbean. Any idea on approximate cost range for the RFS?

Hello tm5to1....Our 8 night on INDY Jan '09 RFS was $10,872.84 exactly....that inc. all taxes, cruise ins. and fuel surcharge (which they were adding at that time)... That was for the 6 of us....Hope this gives you an idea...Good luck..you will enjoy the RFS no matter what ship it is on, but the INDY 8 night Eastern Caribbean is our favorite...Enjoy....

I should have mentioned this earlier, but beware of who you put on the alone reservation. You could make it needlessly more complicated. We had DD (2.5 y.o) on a reservation number by herself. No big deal b/c there was definitely an adult in the room with her (as required by RCL...and her mother!!!) but since she was alone on her booking number I had to link them the same as if I had put the kid(s) in another room. I'm talking about linking them for set sail passes, not just making sure you have dinner together. I eventually figured it out, but it was a complication for a while. It would have been easier to have put an adult on the lone booking number. Just a thought.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but beware of who you put on the alone reservation. You could make it needlessly more complicated. We had DD (2.5 y.o) on a reservation number by herself. No big deal b/c there was definitely an adult in the room with her (as required by RCL...and her mother!!!) but since she was alone on her booking number I had to link them the same as if I had put the kid(s) in another room. I'm talking about linking them for set sail passes, not just making sure you have dinner together. I eventually figured it out, but it was a complication for a while. It would have been easier to have put an adult on the lone booking number. Just a thought.

Surprised you had a problem re: linking these booking #'s...When you or your TA made the res. it should have been an automatic link because you have to have a minimum # of paxs to book a RFS...so there will always be a minimum of 2 #'s associated with RFS or multiple #'s with PFS...

I compared the cost of this room for our July cruise. Two balcony rooms (2 adults, 4 teens) are running around $8500. The Royal Family suite for the same week would've been a tad over $11,000. If they ever run another $99 for 3rd and 4th person sale, you'd rack up on this suite! But we haven't seen that sale lately.

In their (expensive) defense, the suite would've been more space. It's essentially the two bedrooms and two bathrooms, which would've been included in the two balcony rooms . . . PLUS the living room area. We would've liked to have had it, but the extra cost was just more than we were willing to spend.

I wonder if people are leaning towards less expensive accomodations today. I booked our rooms early (I always do, but then I always second-guess myself), but then I called months later to see how much the Royal Family Suite would be -- and it was still available. In past years, that would've been unheard of.

Surprised you had a problem re: linking these booking #'s...When you or your TA made the res. it should have been an automatic link because you have to have a minimum # of paxs to book a RFS...so there will always be a minimum of 2 #'s associated with RFS or multiple #'s with PFS...

They were linked in the reservation system and we had a dinner table together and everything, but I'm talking about the other kind of "linking". You cannot print out a set sail pass for a minor without saying which adult is responsible for them. If they're in the same reservation it's easy. If they aren't you have to take extra steps and that took me a few tries to work out. I'm just saying it would have been easier to put an adult on the booking alone b/c an adult can get a set sail pass without anyone else vouching for him/her. Vouching for a kid not on your reservation is tricky. It's easily avoided if you plan your booking correctly. That's all I'm saying. That kind of linking isn't the same kind of linking the TA can (and did) do.

Archived