Underwater camera?

witneys7

I am wondering what brand of disposable underwater camera people would suggest? I'm not looking for anything fancy, on a budget here;), just something that takes relatively good shots so I can take my happy memories home with me. When I look on ebay I see a lot of fugi or kodak. Are these good choices? thanks so much!

Just an FYI, we used a couple of Fujis snorkeling - the photos taken out of the water or just slightly under the surface came out great. DBF dove a little further down (6-8 feet) and while they were not blurry, they were not as good. They do state that they should not be used at depths of more than three feet, so we knew there was a chance they would not be very good. If we were going to get disposables again we'd get Fujis.

I have not seen much diff in brands. Light and closeness is what will make a pic - the more sun behind your head, the shallower the water, and the closer you can shove camera at subject (don't always shoot from next to your eye) - will all tend to help.

CC has a Photo Forum which talks alot about underwater apects and some of the mid-range non disposable offerings that have come out. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

I have not seen much diff in brands. Light and closeness is what will make a pic - the more sun behind your head, the shallower the water, and the closer you can shove camera at subject (don't always shoot from next to your eye) - will all tend to help.

CC has a Photo Forum which talks alot about underwater apects and some of the mid-range non disposable offerings that have come out. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

Thanks for the link! I would never had known it was there.

if buying online (from ebay, etc), be careful bc sometimes the cameras are past the expiration date of the film. you may want to ask the seller to confirm that they're not past the date.

fwiw, i vote for fuji cameras. my pictures are very sharp (for a disposable)

Archived