"Magic" Dover to Barcelona 2010

Pebbles1967

Hi all. I just wanted to say hello.

I booked us (2 kiddies, me and hubby) on the 8 night cruise from Dover to Barcelona. Has anyone here travelled on this cruise? We're first time cruisers and Im so excited about this I can hardly stand it! :D:D:D

Pebs

Thanks Gatour.

We live in the UK and my husband used to work in Southern France and Spain. Fortunately for us my sister in law lives in Salou and we'll be staying a few nights with her. We're planning on a few beach days and a trip to Portaventura!

While I can't help with you on the exact itinerary, have you been to Barcelona before? If not, I can help there.

Hello Gatour,

What kind of info do you have for Barcelona? We will be there for a full day and over night...just wondering what are the must sees and dos for this location. We will be aboard the Magic for the May 14th, 2011 Transatlantic Repositioning cruise. Thanks for any information you might provide.

Saublesand :)

Is this a new market for DCL? I got the passporter's guide to DCL and it had no information about the European market at all. I think I read somewhere 2010 will be the launch of the European market. Is this true?

I'm starting to think we're the only ones booked on this cruise! :)

• 6 months later...

This is a repositioning cruise. The Magic is arriving in Dover on the 12th June to do a 1 1/2 months of Baltic cruises. It will be back in Dover on the 30th July to reposition to the Med.

So, this is not one of it's normal iternaries.

We are on this cruise and looking forward to it as well.

Just read the launch of the Med Market was in May 2007 out of Barcelona but doesn't mention the port of Dover.

In 2007, Disney did only 10 and 11-night cruises from Barcelona. In 2010, DCL is doing some Med cruises from Barcelona, then repositioning to Dover for four 12-night Baltic cruises. The ship will reposition from Dover back to Barcelona, then do a few more Med cruises before returning to the US.

The Passporter covers the ports of call that the ship will sail to that year. They're a bit behind schedule in getting the 2010 edition out for the 2010 Europe cruises.

• 1 month later...

Will also be on this cruise & the one following. Did a back to back the last time Disney was in the Med in 2007. We had a great time. Ports are easy -- something to suit most people. Kids (9 & 12) have a great time and see some of Europe. I love the different itinerary!

Archived