Question about Early Saver

gill_boo

Hi there,

Never used early saver and was just wondering something....

If you book let's say a 4F and then later on the past guests sale/free upgrades happen and they offer a free 4A to 4F upgrade. Does that mean you can put in for a price drop based on the 4A price since that is what price you can now book your category at? Hope this isn't too confusing.

Hi there,

If you book let's say a 4F and then later on the past guests sale/free upgrades happen and they offer a free 4A to 4F upgrade. Does that mean you can put in for a price drop based on the 4A price since that is what price you can now book your category at? Hope this isn't too confusing.

I don't believe so - IMO the price of the 4f you booked would have to drop to get a Price Adjustment. However, nothing prevents you from submitting a Price Adjustment request, but IMO it will be rejected.

Conversely if you booked a 4a Under Early Saver and (if you're a Past Guest) later a Past Guest offering includes a 4A to 4F upgrade, you should be a ble to get the upgrade.

ken

Hi there,

Yes-you can do it..I've done it before! (E.S. is great!:cool:)

If the free upgrade from 4A to a 4F is indeed a free upgrade and the 4A price matches the 4F price you paid, you can put in for a price drop since you can book a 4F for the current 4A price. Its unlikely to match from what Iv seen, the rates Im seeing are all up from Early Saver price ... but if you got such a free upgrade AND the 4A price was lower than what you paid, go for it.

Those past guest rates Im seeing are about $80 more for the free upgrades now on past guest, not lower enough to help me. Some people think they can match and get the free upgrades even if their price is lower than the current price, you cant get the free upgrades unless the 4A price matches or is lower to get a price drop.

I disagree with Ken, and PVP agrees with me.

Hi there,

According to the rules for Early Saver, no, you wouldn't be eligible. Here, from their website:

Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents.

According to the rules for Early Saver' date=' no, you wouldn't be eligible. Here, from their website:

Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents.

If the free upgrade from 4A to a 4F is indeed a free upgrade and the 4A price matches the 4F price you paid, you can put in for a price drop since you can book a 4F for the current 4A price.......I agree with Fire, as I have done this.

According to the rules for Early Saver' date=' no, you wouldn't be eligible. Here, from their website:

So OP is matching the same ship, date and category. the price includes a free upgrade to their category and people get it all the time as a price match ... as one of above posters said they did.

So OP is matching the same ship, date and category. the price includes a free upgrade to their category and people get it all the time as a price match ... as one of above posters said they did.

Correct- it has happened to me on my sailing, twice.

As I like to remind people, the question is this:

"What would be the cost my cabin if I booked it today, for the same number of people?"

If you are booked ES, and the answer to the above question is something less than your current rate, you are eligible for the reduction/OBC and should fill out the claim form (or have your TA do so for you if you used a TA).

Hi there,

I did it! Ours was a 4A to a 4E... and then it became 4A to 4G (now a 4H???) WITH a price drop.. so not only did we get the price drop, we got the upgrade :)

G'Ma- with all due respect, you usually give good advice on this board. But the posters above are not guessing, we are giving information about our experience.

Your previous post was simply a guess based on your reading of the rules, but it isn't correct.

Further, I would be leery of calling Carnival on this one because it has become clear that many of the agents answering the phone are unfamiliar with the early saver rules. They simply do not deal with the requests- it is a totally different department.

Archived