Meet n Mingle for Oasis Viewing on Friday

I'm trying to watch this via the webcam while onboard Carnival Dream but the bum luck is that for some reason the ship's tv cable system doesn't have ABC! Torture.

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Its frustrating... oh well. I got it to work as a webcam, but now its frozen. Luckily, it seems like GMA has an anchor waiting on the jetty to show it coming in

Wow, this is so amazing to watch on the computer since I cant be in Florida. Thanks for sharing the website address so those at home can watch. I am also watching GMA to see what they have to say about Oasis of the Seas. Wow, now I am really excited to go on Oasis May 22nd 2010. I got to get back to see what they are showing...Everyone have fun, this is so exciting for us cruise lovers!!

florida-arrival1.jpg

This first image shows the crowds down at the 17th Causeway Bridge. Joe (aka Thameth) said there were 40 people on either side of the bridge, and that the atmosphere is buzzing! Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day in Florida today!

florida-arrival3.jpg

Member Michelle (aka Olingirl) sent me this photo of Oasis docking into its

berth. She was down at the park around 7 a.m. EST and said it's been fantastic! Funny, you can't see anyone else in the photo!

She says the sun was shining and temperatures were in the low sixties.

"She is big -- bigger than I thought! There are a lot of crowds here, but Royal Caribbean has laid on hospitality tents. It's been great."

Michelle is set to board Oasis for the pre-inaugural cruise next week!

Anybody else think it's strange that they built her with no Deck 13, yet she arrives at her home port on Friday the 13th?

I know it was delayed two days due to weather in the North Atlantic, but if they were phobic enough to rename a deck, maybe they could have waited until tomorrow morning.

According to Royal Caribbean, the ship will be visible around 6:30 am. It will enter the inlet around 8 am and dock by 9 am. I'm sure all these are estimates but probably pretty close to accurate.

It was so much fun watching the Oasis come in on Good Morning America today. She is so beautiful and I envy those of you in Ft Lauderdale. Will be on her on Dec 5th. We are really pleased to see her arrive safely into the U.S.

Irene & Miles

Thanks so much to those that posted pictures here! I missed the GMA show but my husband told me he saw it at work!:( They were all watching it! However, I am all set for the 20th GMA show. Only 60 days and I will be on this ship!!!

Wow, it has been quite a day!

I spoke to another CC member, Logan (aka member evilblah) just now. He told me it was amazing to be down at the port after two years of waiting (I am sure that is a common thought for many). He is sailing on Oasis in June 2010.

He said it was so funny to be standing next to another CC member, mjbelen -- especially as they were both chatting to me this morning about their experiences!

Everyone I have spoken to sounds like they had a fantastic time at the port -- the early morning start was definitely worth it!

Archived