Hotel not far from Las Ramblas

tracytraveller

I've only stayed in one ... about a block off La Rambla at the Placa Catalunya end ... the Hotel Jazz. It's relatively new and very comfortable. More of a "businessman's" hotel meaning not a lot of amenities, restaurants, bars, etc. (but we were only in the hotel to sleep!!) It was very comfortable and had a very nice rooftop pool and bar. And, it had a very reasonable price when we traveled last July ... 95 euros a night. We'd stay their again if we're back in Barcelona!

Thank you, BigGuy.

Oа course I know about such a websites, the thing I wanted to hear those who experienced. I liked the price of Jazz and I suppose, I will stay there

Just "google" Hotel Jazz Barcelona and you'll find a site with pics of the facility. We found it to totally meet our needs.

We stayed at the Hotel Colón that is very handy to the Cathedral and other historic parts of the Barri Gòtic in Barcelona. Their website is:

http://www.hotelcolon.es

From Fodor's Review, they note: "Surprisingly charming and intimate for such a sizable hotel. Considering its combination of comfort, style, and location, the Colon may be the best place to stay in Barcelona, though it's far from the most luxurious." This location worked well for us and we really loved Barcelona.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

We loved Le Meridien, it is right on La Ramblas and it was fabulous!! I got it for$163 on Priceline. The beds are wonderful, its quiet and we stayed in a room overlooking La Ramblas and heard nothing unless we opened a balcony window to hear the atmosphere!! We just got home from a great cruise on NCL Gem so this is a recent stay I'm talking about. Its near everything, the HOHO etc

• 2 weeks later...

On the negative side, we stayed at Hotel Laietana Palace in the Gothic district at the end of November 2009. The price was very low, it was rated 3.4 stars at Expedia, and had a very convenient location... but the beds were so hard that it was like sleeping on a thin futon on a concrete floor. Sadly, I'm not kidding. Maybe they had some other more comfortable beds in other rooms, but I wouldn't take the chance again. (Thankfully we were only there one night pre-cruise!) Good luck.

I've only stayed in one ... about a block off La Rambla at the Placa Catalunya end ... the Hotel Jazz. It's relatively new and very comfortable. More of a "businessman's" hotel meaning not a lot of amenities, restaurants, bars, etc. (but we were only in the hotel to sleep!!) It was very comfortable and had a very nice rooftop pool and bar. And, it had a very reasonable price when we traveled last July ... 95 euros a night. We'd stay their again if we're back in Barcelona!

I would go with this one :)

• 1 month later...

We stay at either the Hotel Continental or Hotel Palacete (http://www.hotelcontinental.com--good for both hotels). The Continental is on Las Ramblas near Playa Catalyna while the Palacete is a couple of blocks away from it. You e-mail them and you will get a response within an hour even if it is Sunday and midnight over there.

While it is not the Four Seasons by a long shot, it is clean, convenient, and economical. The Palacete is a little nicer and is about 25-35 euro more than the Continental which is around 92 euro.

The best part is FREE FOOD AND DRINK. Help yourself free food and drink 24 hours a day. Wine, beer, soda, no problem, free. Hot foods on a buffet, cold foods, help yourself. I've known people that have stayed there and not spent a dime eating out. They have free computers to use, too.

On the minus side, you have to like hot pink and pink florals and smallish rooms. Nice bathrooms though. Ironically the Palacete has too much furniture in the room which makes it "tight." Oh, did I mention the tupperwear chest of drawers (lol). The Continental doesn't have as much furniture (but what you need) so the room seems larger. Safes in the room.

Every room we have stayed in was the cheapest "inside" but had either a balcony overlooking a courtyard (Continental) or a "patio" (Palacete) outside the bedroom with an open "skylight." This worked very well for us as I am one of those awful smokers that won't smoke inside anywhere even if it is allowed and appreciated not having to run down to the lobby and outside.

You will find tons of people staying there on your cruise or other cruises leaving.

Tucker in Texas

We stayed at the Jazz in September. Not right on Ramblas,but an easy walk. Starbucks nearby, short walk to Placa Catalunya, etc. Thought staff was very accomodating, rooms were very nice. Central enough to everything, and a bargain when compared to like hotels. Would definitely stay there again. Just be sure to ask for a room on a higher floor. Lower floors hear rumble from subway.

Archived