1st time on Princess. Do the ships have a spacious, lots of windows roomy feel?

motherchic

a little history:

I have cruised on Celebrity 7 times and 1 time on Carnival. We have always enjoyed the Celebrity Millenium ships. Good service, food etc.... LOTS of "openness" windows etc...

This summer we took our 3 daughters on a cruise. We sailed on the Carnival Valor. Chose carnival for the cost of 5 of us sailing.

We had a wonderful time because we were all together.

The Valor felt very "tight" .The buffet area, the gym, the spa etc had small windows, the buffet area had low ceilings and very packed tables. We have always enjoyed sitting at the buffet table and having lunch and looking out at the ocean. Carnival at times felt like a "cattle call".The adult pool (where we stayed all the time ) because the other pool area was really loud and crowded. Even the adult pool area had a closed in feeling rather then the openness . Sitting at a table in the pool area you had a hard time seeing the ocean.

I missed the expansive windows etc.... I can look out at that lovely water 24/7

Can you tell me please, does the Emerald have that open feeling to it? Would you choose the Emerald or the Caribbean Princess, and why?? I realize opinions may vary but I would like to hear them.

Celebrity has been lovely but we would like to experience Princess.

Writing this I feel guilty making critical remarks. The dining room experience was excellent. Our room was very nice... but again I missed not haing that openness to the water feel.

Any info you can give me on this would be very appreciated

Thank you much

I am like you when it comes to open areas. I think you will be very happy on either the Emerald or Caribbean Princess. The buffet areas are loaded with windows so you can see out. The adult Terrace pool area is on the very back of the ship with tables you can sit at and the most beautiful view of the water and the wake. It is right near the buffet area so you can even eat outside.

I have been on a few Celebrity ships and I think you will find Princess very similar.

Have sailed on both the CB and the Emerald and both felt very open and spacious. My favourite spot is the terrace at the back of the ship just outside the Cafe Caribe. We would get our buffet breakfast in the Horizon Court and take it outside to one of the tables and watch the world go by.

Another inside favourite is the International Cafe in the Atrium, deck 5. You'll love the salads, pastries and the views.

Thank you for your replies. My daughters, since it was their first cruise really enjoyed it. But even being teens, they thought that carnival was waaay too loud. They thought the views were great but then they had no other to compare to.

We always have a good time and enjoy ourselves but IF I only have a week I want to see all the water scape that I can

The buffet has lots of tables next to the windows or close to them. You can also walk out the back and eat there while watching the wake. You can also walk out the front of the buffet and eat in the open area outside where again, there are tables next to the glass and you can see out. Heck, on the Sapphire Princess last April, we saw dolphins and whales while eating in that area.

One thing to note is that Princess dining rooms have windows along the outside of the dining room BUT the ceilings are low and the sections of the dining room divided so they appear, and feel, "intimate" as though you're in a small restaurant, not a huge dining room. You wil not find a 2- or 3-storey open dining room on Princess. Personally, I think that's wasted space but to each his/her own. I prefer the feel of the Princess dining rooms.

There is plenty of glass and views throughout the ship. You might want to go up to Skywalkers where there are spectacular views.

The buffet has lots of tables next to the windows or close to them. You can also walk out the back and eat there while watching the wake. You can also walk out the front of the buffet and eat in the open area outside where again, there are tables next to the glass and you can see out. Heck, on the Sapphire Princess last April, we saw dolphins and whales while eating in that area.

One thing to note is that Princess dining rooms have windows along the outside of the dining room BUT the ceilings are low and the sections of the dining room divided so they appear, and feel, "intimate" as though you're in a small restaurant, not a huge dining room. You wil not find a 2- or 3-storey open dining room on Princess. Personally, I think that's wasted space but to each his/her own. I prefer the feel of the Princess dining rooms.

There is plenty of glass and views throughout the ship. You might want to go up to Skywalkers where there are spectacular views.

Sounds excellent! When dining in the eve. it doesnt matter. It was duirng the afternoon that I realized how much I missed the expanse of windows etc.... On the Valor it felt like a very cramped cafeteria. That you ate and wanted to leave asap rather then sitting and enjoying your buffet lunch.

Archived