Question about BA World Traveller Flights

dual

Im flying BA for the first time trans Atlantic on Saturday and I would just like to check a couple of things if I may.

- Do BA offer blankets to passengers on overnight flights? - if there is one thing I despise about plane cabins is how cold it gets up in there. Brrrrrrr :(

- the IFE - do BA sell headphone sets? - I have a headphone attachment from a previous Flight (non BA) - will this work? or do I have to buy one to listen to the IFE? - or do BA provide them free? If not free how much do they cost?

- Are the drinks free

Appreciate any help from BA passengers in the know.

Thanks

- Do BA offer blankets to passengers on overnight flights? - if there is one thing I despise about plane cabins is how cold it gets up in there. Brrrrrrr :(

- the IFE - do BA sell headphone sets? - I have a headphone attachment from a previous Flight (non BA) - will this work? or do I have to buy one to listen to the IFE? - or do BA provide them free? If not free how much do they cost?

- Are the drinks free

Every seat is issued with a blanket, a pillow, and a pack containing a headset, a Change for Good charity donation envelope, and an amenity kit which has eyeshades, slipper socks and a toothbrush/toothpaste combo. You will usually find these already on the seats when you board. If you have better headphones of your own, though, you might think about bringing them because the free issue headphones are not of particularly good quality in economy.

All drinks that are available to the cabin are complimentary throughout the flight, alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

Im flying BA for the first time trans Atlantic on Saturday and I would just like to check a couple of things if I may.

- Are the drinks free

Appreciate any help from BA passengers in the know.

Thanks

Everyone has eye covers, socks, toothbrush, blankets, and pillows in their seats.

They also provide free headphones.

The drinks are not only free but they also offer free wine (red or white) with dinner.

I had to fly Continental this past summer and I missing BA greatly during the flight.

Do not count on all the free stuff being at your seat. Eye shades etc. I fly BA often and the availablity of those kits depends on the catering situation. More than once I've heard the excuse 'they weren't loaded by the catering company'.

If you absolutely need eye shades, etc. bring your own.

Worth it to upgrade to World Traveler from economy from LAX-LHR..seems a bit much just for a few more inches..what do you think ??
World Traveller (two "l"s - British thing) IS economy. World Traveller Plus is premium economy. Worth it? Depends on whether 38 inches of legroom v. 32 is comfortable for you, or a wider seat (but fixed armrests, so no lifting/snuggling) or a foot rest, or a smaller and quieter cabin.

Before you spend the big bucks for the upgrade, go online and do some price comparisons for business class on other carriers. They'll be higher, but the gap between coach and premium economy is nothing compared to the gap between PE and Biz.

Worth it to upgrade to World Traveler from economy from LAX-LHR..seems a bit much just for a few more inches..what do you think ??

Actually, if your going to go the PE route on the LAX - LHR route your better off looking at Air New Zealand or Virgin Atlantic.

They both offer a superior product compared to BA with NZ offering the bets out of the 3 of them.

World Traveller (two "l"s - British thing) IS economy. World Traveller Plus is premium economy. Worth it? Depends on whether 38 inches of legroom v. 32 is comfortable for you, or a wider seat (but fixed armrests, so no lifting/snuggling) or a foot rest, or a smaller and quieter cabin.

Before you spend the big bucks for the upgrade, go online and do some price comparisons for business class on other carriers. They'll be higher, but the gap between coach and premium economy is nothing compared to the gap between PE and Biz.

However, if you are married to the idea of flying BA, WT+ is a reasonable alternative.

Do not count on all the free stuff being at your seat. Eye shades etc. I fly BA often and the availablity of those kits depends on the catering situation. More than once I've heard the excuse 'they weren't loaded by the catering company'.

If you absolutely need eye shades, etc. bring your own.

I bring my own, too, but that's because (having been saved from first and business class flights on other occasions) they're more comfortable than the economy class free issue.

I know that there are occasionally some problems, but I've been flying BA regularly (a dozen or so long-haul flights a year) for decades now and haven't yet had this happen. So I reckon you'd have to be pretty unlucky to be without an amenity kit.

How much extra would you have to pay?

Personally, I reckon that anything up to £250/$400 per sector more than economy is worth paying, although it is often possible to get World Traveller Plus for rather less than that.

But there are limits, and it all depends on the answer to the first question.

Folks in my office travel a great deal. Reports come in about all sorts of complaints and missing amenity kits is hit or miss but does happen. As a result, in my office cabinet 'of all resources' I keep amenity kit items to give to visitors for their return flights.

One of the popular items I keep in stock is a small sewing kit with a dozen or so pre-threaded needles with a variety of basic colors and a few buttons. I have plenty of the small bottles of Purell which is a hand cleaner but also works as an emergency stain remover.

Archived