Wrinkles aren't just for people

Marc is quite correct. The laundry room is a favorite meeting station with fun stories often swapped. No irons [or open flames as in candles] are

permitted in the rooms due to fire and safety issues.

Thanks for the information. Taking clothes to the community laundry area reminds me of college days. :rolleyes:

They don't allow irons in the individual suites because of fire hazards. The ones in the laundry rooms have automatic timers and shut themselves off after a certain amount of time as a safety measure.

I haven't encountered irons in the room on any other cruise line that I have been on--I think it is a pretty standard thing that they are not allowed. The risk of fire on a cruise ship is too devastating.

They don't allow irons in the individual suites because of fire hazards. The ones in the laundry rooms have automatic timers and shut themselves off after a certain amount of time as a safety measure.

I haven't encountered irons in the room on any other cruise line that I have been on--I think it is a pretty standard thing that they are not allowed. The risk of fire on a cruise ship is too devastating.

That's understandable. I guess I never really noticed the lack of an iron on the Paul Gauguin. Thanks, all!

And bring your own dryer sheets (at least there weren't any last time I was onboard.) And it's a very nice iron in my experience.

BTW, sending a few items out to be laundered is not expensive. I intend to use some of my onboard credit for this (and I will probably do a load of underwear and socks in the laundry at some point.) We get a couple of free pressings as well for being Silver (after 21 nights.)

I agree with Wendy. With all the onboard credits that most all luxury lines and T/As offer we just send our clothes out for pressing or dry cleaning. I iron at home and I am not about to iron on vacation. When we return home then I must face those darn machines.:eek:

I think the solution to wrinkled clothes can be found on your telephone. Press housekeeping (or something like that) and miraculously, just like Santa's elves, Laundry fairies arrive. Not only can you get your clothes ironed, you can have them cleaned. You are on what is probably a most deserved vacation-Spoil yourself!:)

I think the solution to wrinkled clothes can be found on your telephone. Press housekeeping (or something like that) and miraculously, just like Santa's elves, Laundry fairies arrive. Not only can you get your clothes ironed, you can have them cleaned. You are on what is probably a most deserved vacation-Spoil yourself!:)

Mental note: add extra to cruise fund for laundry and pressing...

Thanks MICone for the reminder, no work for me either! ;)

On Regent cruises, we have always used the launderette a time or two for "easy" stuff, that doesn't need pressing. On our last cruise, on Xpedition in the Galapagos, there was no launderette; so we were "forced" to send everything out for laundering. What an absolute pleasure!! It was a genuine wake-up call regarding laundry (which I happily do at home).

On a cruise, I don't want to do laundry. Further, I don't want to have to watch the clock obsessively to be sure that I don't run afoul of the Launderette Tyrants (BTW, at this point in my message, I had originally used a word that begins with N, followed by AZ, and ending is I, which was asterisked out by CC...) who might throw one's socks and boxer shorts onto the table (or into the bin) if one is more than 5 seconds late in retrieving them from the washer or dryer. Therefore, we have decided that we will likely refrain from the competition for the equipment in the launderettes on our cruise in a couple of weeks and spend our precious On Board Credits for comprehensive laundry service, rather than for such less important luxuries as massages.

As for that allegedly high-end iron in the launderette, I have always considered "iron" to be a four-letter word. I think we have one of the things in the garage somewhere but am not entirely certain. I think that they're dangerous - they can burn the house down if left untended, right?? The safest avenue is to never plug one of the hazardous devices into an electric socket.

In the happy spirit of no-tickee-no-washee, Cheers, Fred

Mental note: add extra to cruise fund for laundry and pressing...

Thanks MICone for the reminder, no work for me either! ;)

I was going to remind Colomom that there is a charge for this service but then realised that freddie above has done that in his/her usual elegant and amusing way.

Archived