Booking Chops for last night

mariaw8889

We always enjoy that last night with our new found friends and wouldn't think of leaving them on the last night, but if you do a table for two or such then enjoy, Chops if fabulous. And yes, give you tips the night before and say your goodbyes

We had Portifino on the last night of our April Freedom Cruise. It was wonderful ending to a wonderful cruise. I had done pre-paid tips since we used MTD but gave extra to our favorite servers the next to last night.

I generally do not like the last night menu in the MDR that much so it was a very easy decision for us

You can also stop by before/after dinner to drop off tips. The only problem I've ever had eating at a specialty restaurant the last night is when I've been planning to put my bags out and make a late reservation. I've had a few experiences of rushing a bit to make sure I could get my dressier clothes back into my bag and get them out in time.

If you plan to tip the full recommended amount, then you can arrange to have it billed to your Seapass and there's no need to go to the dining room to give the envelopes to your waitstaff. If you're paying in cash, I would do it the last night you're going to be in the dining room.

I'm just not a big fan of the MDR anymore, so I think either specialty restaurant would be a better choice.:)

We've done this several times and DH usually goes to the dining room during early dinner (usually right at 6 pm so he's not interferring w/the dining process) and drops off our envelopes.

We'll generally pick a reservation time about 7 or 7:30 so we can enjoy without the luggage stress afterwards - plenty of time that way.

It is an excellent way to end a cruise!

We've done this several times and DH usually goes to the dining room during early dinner (usually right at 6 pm so he's not interferring w/the dining process) and drops off our envelopes.

We'll generally pick a reservation time about 7 or 7:30 so we can enjoy without the luggage stress afterwards - plenty of time that way.

It is an excellent way to end a cruise!

That is exactly what we do, also. I have never found anything I enjoy eating on the last night, in the MDR.

I have been toying with the idea of booking Chops for our last night too, but didn't know if it was a good idea or not. We do pre-paid grats, so that wasn't really an issue, and I love the idea of ending the cruise on such a high note. I'm thinking we should go for it....:)

Karen

We've done this a few times - since we have late seating, we make our reservation for 7 which gives us plenty of time to finish and then go to the MDR for coffee and goodbyes with our tablemates and to hand out envelopes.

Archived