reservations at Pez Quadro?

39august

There will be 3 ships in port when we are there and I am concerned about how crowded Mahajual will be. If I reserve with Pez Quadro, do they guarantee a lounge and shade, even if there are a lot of people already there when you arrive? One ship docks an hour before we do. I don't think we could be at the beach before 9:30. I really don't care about the open bar and would prefer to just go on our own. But it would be worth the cost if there is a guarantee.

There will be 3 ships in port when we are there and I am concerned about how crowded Mahajual will be. If I reserve with Pez Quadro, do they guarantee a lounge and shade, even if there are a lot of people already there when you arrive? One ship docks an hour before we do. I don't think we could be at the beach before 9:30. I really don't care about the open bar and would prefer to just go on our own. But it would be worth the cost if there is a guarantee.

You can contact them, but the web site seems to indicate you get a lounge and shade as part of the deal. There's also an "early bird"/ advanced booking special rate. But you buy your own food. I would book early and guarantee a spot if there's going to be a lot of ships in port.

http://www.pezquadrocostamaya.com/index.htm

Has word really caught on about this place (and Majahual in general)? It was my understanding that most cruise passengers don't venture past the port area if they bother to get off the ship at all. I've seen so many remarks from people that they didn't like the port because all it offered was a shopping village which obviously means they didn't bother to do any any preparation. The well informed Cruise Critic members are still just a drop in the bucket of the cruise passenger market. Personally, I'd like these things to remain a "secret". I almost feel like telling newbies, "I've been there and there's absolutely nothing to do." But I'm not that mean.

We were in Costa Maya last Friday and were the only ship in port. I would guess that 70 - 80% of the passengers did not venture past the shopping village. We took the monopoly dock-affiliated van into town. We found out on the way that if you walk thru the gates there are taxis waiting about 2 blocks down where the Hard Rock in being built.

We found Pez Quadro and they were very happy to have some customers. We occupied two comfy chairs under shade for 3 1/2 hours and bought two drinks each, a total expense of $15.00 for two people! After being on the ship, we really didn't need anything to eat and honestly the menu prices I think are steep for Mexico.

The beach is absolutely marvelous, the water crystal clear and warm. There are ladies willing to do beach massages and it's a great place. GO!

We found out on the way that if you walk thru the gates there are taxis waiting about 2 blocks down where the Hard Rock in being built.

You are the 2nd person to mention the taxis available once you leave the premises. Apparently word isn't getting around because it isn't found out until after the fact. I understand the price isn't all that much different (maybe $1.00 per person) but you have to wait for a van to fill up if you take the "monopoly" transportation. I think there's a similar situation going on in Puerto Vallarta. There are different taxis available for less money once you leave the premises of the terminal.

Archived