Millenium Embarkation Time for Seward

jaspersmommy

The celebrity website says that the Millenium departures for southbound cruises leaving Seward are at 9:00 p.m.

In the experience of those of you that have done this cruise, by what time do you really need to embark? I don't want to run on at the last minute, but do want to get in as full a day as I can in Seward. I'm thinking of doing a Kenai Fjords tour that finishes at 4:30 p.m. Would I be OK to take that tour before embarking?

The celebrity website says that the Millenium departures for southbound cruises leaving Seward are at 9:00 p.m.

In the experience of those of you that have done this cruise, by what time do you really need to embark? I don't want to run on at the last minute, but do want to get in as full a day as I can in Seward. I'm thinking of doing a Kenai Fjords tour that finishes at 4:30 p.m. Would I be OK to take that tour before embarking?

Yes, Plenty of time. Many other people will be doing the same thing.

Jimbo:)

Not to hijack the thread, but if we're going to spend the afternoon doing things around Seward after arriving on the train, can we check bags in at the ship and then not board, or leave the ship to do some touring? We're not doing the KF tour that day, but will do it earlier in the week.

Not to hijack the thread, but if we're going to spend the afternoon doing things around Seward after arriving on the train, can we check bags in at the ship and then not board, or leave the ship to do some touring? We're not doing the KF tour that day, but will do it earlier in the week.

Yes, you can drop bags off at the ship- properly tagged. Why are you going to Seward twice, on a b2b???

Yes, you can drop bags off at the ship- properly tagged. Why are you going to Seward twice, on a b2b???

No, we're not on a B2B. We're trying to avoid a drop off charge for our rental car. We're doing 10 days before cruise, spending 2 nights in Homer, 2 in Seward (doing KF trip), then 1 night Talkentna, 2 in Denali, 1 in Anchorage and taking the train to Seward. We then would have the afternoon to do stuff around Seward before boarding the ship around dinner time. I'm thinking we could go out to Exit glacier or something if we didn't get to do that the first stop in Seward.

We did the Kenai Fjords tour 6 hour trip that finished at 5:30 and we made the 6 PM train to Anchorage. They were not concerned about us making the train and I never felt pressed for time. So, I wouldn't worry about catching a 9PM ship.

By the way, the tour was a high light (one of many) of our Alaska trip. We saw Orca, Puffin, Sea Lions, a very nice Glacier from a close location, all kinds of birds.

Kenai Fjords can keep you luggage (if you can't check your bags earlier) and drop you off directly to the ship.

Have fun.

Archived