RCI Voyager of the Seas Questions

JimCo

Sorry if it's been posted, but I did look through these threads and couldn't find the following:

1. Does this ship have an adults only pool/area? If so, where is it?

2. What are the "Royal Promenade" areas on deck 6,7, and 8?

Is it a mall/store area? If so, what types of stores?

3. Can you buy alcohol or drink/wine packages/tickets ahead of time like you can on Carnival through their Bon Voyage dept?

4. Are there specialty restaurants and what do they cost?

Not trying to compare the two cruise lines, it's just that Carnival is all that I know and this will be my first RCI cruise so I don't know how they are different or where to book a room on this ship.

Sorry if it's been posted, but I did look through these threads and couldn't find the following:

3. Can you buy alcohol or drink/wine packages/tickets ahead of time like you can on Carnival through their Bon Voyage dept?

Not trying to compare the two cruise lines, it's just that Carnival is all that I know and this will be my first RCI cruise so I don't know how they are different or where to book a room on this ship.

1. The Solarium pool, deck 11 forward of the regular pool, is age 16 and up.

2. There is a Royal Promenade, an open shopping, etc. area on deck 5 that is open above for several decks , category PR cabins on decks 6, 7, 8 overlook it.

3. You can buy wine/champagne packages, soda packages, and juice packages, not other drinks.

4. Portfino is the upscale restaurant, $20 or $25, I forget which. There's also a Johnny Rockets grill, don't know the price, $4.95 maybe for all the burgers, fries, etc. you care to eat. Same chain as the one on land in the US.

yes..the solarium pool, deck 11 IIRC

the promenade is on deck 5...there are cabins on 6, 7 & 8 that overlook this area...there is a liquor store, logo shop, jewelry, cosmetics/perfume, and clothes/accessories...also there are a few bars and cafe promenade...(a mostly free food venue...meaning they have ben& jerrys and special coffee drinks, but you can get regular cofffee/tea, snacks, cookies, pizza, etc for free

there are wine packages...info is on RCCL's website under gifts and gear...IMO the wine package is a decent deal. We are not picky...there are many CCers who think the wines overall are not good. There are a few sizes and price points...we get the 7 night "platinum" package as it works out to the best average price per bottle (provided the chart done by another CC member a year or so back are still close)

yes....there should be Portofino (i don't think voyager has chops--i am basing it on explorer, the sister ship...) and i think it's 20 or 25 PP...never ate at portofino, but many love it....

See above.....and let us know what else you'd like to know...!;)

Wow!

Instant answers! Thanks!

So if I got an inside cabin on 6-8 (middle) it would overlook the promenade area? Do they have a balcony overlooking this area or am I confusing it with that glossy brochure about Oasis overlooking "Central Park" that RCI sent me recently?

And a deck 10 forward room would be ideal for someone wanting to be close to an adult only pool/spa area?

Also, anyone ever done the transatlantic route Barcelona/Galveston?

Any opinions/thoughts/suggestions?

JimCo........when you look at the pricing for an "inside" look for the PR rooms (those are the ones that overlook the Promenade. We had one on deck 8 the first time we went on Voyager and LOVED it. You have a large bay window that overlooks the shops and the lighting on the promenade changes with the time of day.

We have just booked for December of NEXT year on Voyager and this time picked a PR on deck 6 because its "closer to the action". Let me see if I can attach a picture here of the room....

100_0329.jpg.ce479451fda00d5ff577ff885d8287f0.jpg

JimCo........when you look at the pricing for an "inside" look for the PR rooms (those are the ones that overlook the Promenade. We had one on deck 8 the first time we went on Voyager and LOVED it. You have a large bay window that overlooks the shops and the lighting on the promenade changes with the time of day.

We have just booked for December of NEXT year on Voyager and this time picked a PR on deck 6 because its "closer to the action". Let me see if I can attach a picture here of the room....

100_0322.jpg.f9439fcee775a89d8e9e5d234c9bd5ad.jpg

Archived