Boarding question??

mrpayroll

First Carnival cruise coming up in Jan on the Dream. Read on here about obtaining a boarding number. On previous cruises on other lines, we just walked up and got in line to board. Please explain the procedure from Carnival. Thanks :rolleyes:

Even on Princess, I got a number for the general group that was boarding, first group 1, then 2 etc, depending on the order you arrive, if they arent ready yet to board.

Carnival does it the same way if they arent boarding yet or they are a little backed up. If you can just walk on, I guess they wouldnt give you a number?

You only get a boarding pass if you arrive early enough to do what they call "Early Boarding". If you arrive after that they will have lines and the normal boarding as soon as you are processed so no need for a boarding zone pass. You'll just follow the lines through until you are on the ship.

Thanks for the quick responses. Sounds easy enough. When i read a couple earlier posts, it sounded much more complicated....Looking forward to first Carnival cruise on the DREAM......:rolleyes:

Boarding can vary from ship to ship and depending on the location of the ship. If you were reading any previous boarding reviews for the Dream they won't be accurate in regards to the normal boarding that will be done in Port Canaveral. Once they start boarding from there it will be a more normal reflection as to how things will be done. It's really easy and we actually prefer to get to the port as early as possible which allows us to get an early boarding zone pass and we wait in the chairs until they call us for boarding :)

When you check in you should be given a card that has a number on it and when the number is called you board the ship, just like getting on a plane.

I had to think about this, but do remember when sailing on Freedom the ship wasn't ready so they gave grouping numbers and as they called this #, the group could then board. Is this what you are speaking of?

Archived