VC category questions / Westerdam

cruisun

I do not think all of the VF cabins have the metal railing. Many VF are in the middle of the ship. I believe the forward and aft VF have the metal. I have always been in SY or SA on Vista class before. Wish I had not dragged my feet on this one.....in September the SY was less than the VC and VF are now. Anyway, I took the VC.:)

Metal vs Plexiglass railings depend upon both the deck and stateroom location.

VC's are on Deck 5. VF's are on both Deck 4 and 5. I always get in trouble with jtl513 when I state specifically which decks are have metal vs plexiglass (since location seems to be the factor) so I will leave it to he or another with more experience to clarify.

We have done VF on Oosterdam (sister ship to Westerdam) mid ship aft bend and had plexiglass. If you look at this photo, you can see that the staterooms to our right and the ones just below them on Deck 4 (looking forward) have plexiglass also.http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/052.jpg

Joanie

I have noticed that Westerdam is your favorite ship. I can't wait to try it and hope I feel the same. Up to now Noordam is my favorite so I figured Westerdam should be similar.

VC 5145 is the cabin I have been assigned and am probably going to stick with it rather than go for the VF guarantee. The chance of an upgrade is nice but I will rest easier knowing exactly which cabin I will have. I will consider an upsell if it is offered.

I have noticed that Westerdam is your favorite ship. I can't wait to try it and hope I feel the same. Up to now Noordam is my favorite so I figured Westerdam should be similar.

VC 5145 is the cabin I have been assigned and am probably going to stick with it rather than go for the VF guarantee. The chance of an upgrade is nice but I will rest easier knowing exactly which cabin I will have. I will consider an upsell if it is offered.

To be honest, I've only been on 2 HAL ships. Oosterdam May 2008 and Westerdam May 2009.

Oosterdam was absolutely wonderful and I cannot find any reason to choose one over the other, except that we had a VF Handicapped on Oosterdam Deck 5 VF 5054 and loved every inch of her.

On the Westerdam we were upgraded to a VD and then upsold to an SA 7076 Deluxe Verandah Suite Stateroom for $199. pp. There was no comparison that I can makebetween the service, food, quality or appearance of the ship, just the category and size and little amenities we received.

The service and everything about the 2 ships was equal. I think that because Westerdam was our last ship, and we are booked on her again in 76 days, I feel she is my favorite:D

Joanie

I do not think all of the VF cabins have the metal railing. Many VF are in the middle of the ship. I believe the forward and aft VF have the metal.

I always get in trouble with jtl513 when I state specifically which decks are have metal vs plexiglass (since location seems to be the factor) so I will leave it to he or another with more experience to clarify.
The Vista veranda cabins with metal railings are the VH and VF on deck 4 ... 4001 to 4042. :)

To be honest, I've only been on 2 HAL ships. Oosterdam May 2008 and Westerdam May 2009.

Oosterdam was absolutely wonderful and I cannot find any reason to choose one over the other, except that we had a VF Handicapped on Oosterdam Deck 5 VF 5054 and loved every inch of her.

On the Westerdam we were upgraded to a VD and then upsold to an SA 7076 Deluxe Verandah Suite Stateroom for $199. pp. There was no comparison that I can makebetween the service, food, quality or appearance of the ship, just the category and size and little amenities we received.

The service and everything about the 2 ships was equal. I think that because Westerdam was our last ship, and we are booked on her again in 76 days, I feel she is my favorite:D

Joanie

We upsold from a specific SY to an SA last year on the Noordam for $999pp and still felt it was worth it. What a great deal you got!

What a coincidence. We just disembarked from the Westerdam on Sunday and we were in VC 5145 (it was a slight upgrade from a VD guarantee). We loved the location since it was next to the rear elevators. If we wanted something quick from the Lido, it literally only took less than a minute to get there. If you cruise within the next 3 months, you'll probably have Gede and Irsan as your stewards. They are very efficient, thorough and discreet but if you should ever get to talk to them, ask them to tell you about Java (Gede) and Bali (Irsan)--they are very proud of their homelands. Also, check the Bible for some coupons that we left there. Enjoy your cruise!

What a coincidence. We just disembarked from the Westerdam on Sunday and we were in VC 5145 (it was a slight upgrade from a VD guarantee). We loved the location since it was next to the rear elevators. If we wanted something quick from the Lido, it literally only took less than a minute to get there. If you cruise within the next 3 months, you'll probably have Gede and Irsan as your stewards. They are very efficient, thorough and discreet but if you should ever get to talk to them, ask them to tell you about Java (Gede) and Bali (Irsan)--they are very proud of their homelands. Also, check the Bible for some coupons that we left there. Enjoy your cruise!

I will be sailing on 1/31/10 and it is so good to hear that you liked that location. I love your idea about the quick lido run and am also glad to hear about the room stewards. So tell me, what kind of coupons did you leave-LOL

Archived