New cruise director onboard

southwestie

We now have Paul o,loughlin as cruise director, Pay Rouse had to leave , we belive his wife has been taken ill.

Im sure we all wish Ray and his wife well.

Paul came over and chatted to us a while last night, he is a nice man, also Captain bates spent a long while talking to us in the baordroom last night

If I hear anymore then I will you know, I always found to be great fun, Paul is a good as well, he came and spoke to us the other evening, syayed quite a time.

Captain bates did the same, we are very lucky on the voyage.

I hope rays wife is OK, im sure he will be pleased to know we are thinking about hi, he does watch this site so maybe he will pop in and read this

Random question....

I believe Alastair Greener moved to the QV (not exactly sure). Anyways, wouldn't the QM2 be the better position to hold, considering it is the flagship?

wearecunard is Mr. Greener's blog on/from the QV

Jeanne

When I interviewed Paul for my website, the first thing he did was correct me that he was the entertainment director, not the cruise director. He believes that there is a difference due to the unique nature of QM2 and after being a cruise director on 27 ships, I suppose he should know. In any event, he is a charming and intelligent fellow well-suited for the ship.

Ray is a great fellow and has contributed significantly to making QM2 what she is.

When I interviewed Paul for my website, the first thing he did was correct me that he was the entertainment director, not the cruise director. He believes that there is a difference due to the unique nature of QM2 and after being a cruise director on 27 ships, I suppose he should know. In any event, he is a charming and intelligent fellow well-suited for the ship.

Ray is a great fellow and has contributed significantly to making QM2 what she is.

Thank you for clarifying that--it is nice to have someone here who knows the proper title for those who work on ships. And I am still following your website--one of the most informative I've found about all things passenger ship related!:)

Always nice to hear from you, your quite right in both cases, However he was Introduced to us as Cruise director and he he didnt say anything in front of so, so whats good to him is good to us.

Thank you for clarifying that--it is nice to have someone here who knows the proper title for those who work on ships. And I am still following your website--one of the most informative I've found about all things passenger ship related!:)

Thank you for the nice comment. It is much appreciated.

Ray said his wife got off the ship in NY on 11/17 after the TA, but he continued on board to Panama where he got off and Paul got on. Jason did the morning show daily on the Carribean trip until Paul took over.

Ray said his plans at the time were to back for the World Cruise starting the 4th of January. Here's wishing him and his wife well, and that they are both able to return to the QM2 by then or very soon.;)

Archived