Check your European 2010 itinerary

stipmom

I've had my itinerary changed several times while on a cruise. It really is bad when you have prearranged a private tour or rented a car in advance. Having been burned, I only book private tours/cars if I pay at the end. It also is sad when you miss the place that was your main reason for taking the cruise. I've also taken land tours that didn't show the advertised places in their brochure. When you book a tour/cruise the company reserved the right to alter the tour. It happens too often. With that, I now view a cruise as my major destination when booking a cruise...ports are secondary. I view it as a spa on water. It is not the best way to see a place....to really see a place, go on your own and see it....don't be at the whim of a secondary source. Next time, a fly in and stay in Mykonos might be better. It's heavenly and charming.

wow, I am a little concerned about hearing of the changes...I would not mind missing Mykonos again. but I am scheduled to do a Journey in May 2010 for the Med. How are you notified of these changes? Just wondering. The itinerary on the Website looks the same and our travel agent has not notified of anything different. Wonder why all the changes. I wonder if it connected to the big news coming out in 4 days.:confused:

I found the change on a travel website first. Then I checked the Azamara website and noticed the itinerary was the same as the travel website and different from the original one

booked.

so far neither of mine has changed. I am on a B2B in may....

"How were you informed of the changes?"

Haha! The travel agent's website had still got the original itinerary on it when I noticed it was different on the Azamara site.

So I informed my travel agent! Shouldn't it be the other way round?

They would not change the beginning or ending ports with 5 months out would they? Are they just changing the other ports of call? I am starting to get a bit nervous. I checked azamara and the first leg was unchanged as was the second leg starting on May9th. but the May 9th does not have the shore excursion for that trip...may signal a change.

Be flexible. I've missed several ports due to wind conditions, rough seas, etc. I once sailed right by St. Martin and docked in St. Barts instead...my rental car was in St. Martin. I called the cruiseline in advance to locate the docks and had them changed...makes private tours tough. I've had times change up and down. When you travel, anything can happen. One of my favorites was flying into a port and having the airline mess up and fly to another place( the entire plane was put on the wrong plane)...no weather problems...just an oops. Lots of distress, but it worked out.

They would not change the beginning or ending ports with 5 months out would they? Are they just changing the other ports of call? I am starting to get a bit nervous. I checked azamara and the first leg was unchanged as was the second leg starting on May9th. but the May 9th does not have the shore excursion for that trip...may signal a change.

Shorex (according to AZ) should be out about 6 months prior to sailing, so it should be any minute.

Just remember any port at anytime can be revised. That is the downside of cruising. You rarely see embarkation/disembarkation ports changed but it can happen...

any type of travel requires a plan b these days

Shorex (according to AZ) should be out about 6 months prior to sailing, so it should be any minute.

But this is 5 months out...so it makes no sense that it is not showing. I do not mind that there are changes...no biggie for me, but I am planning a private guide in Ephesus and want to book...giving them until the 8th.

Just back from the Journey,our Portofino call was changed at last minute due to very rough weather,we called at Genoa in my opion a far better stop:):),thats a lot better than some lines that will turn missed ports into sea days :(:(

One of my favorites was flying into a port and having the airline mess up and fly to another place( the entire plane was put on the wrong plane)...no weather problems...just an oops. Lots of distress, but it worked out.

Oh Wow. That is crazy. How far off were you?

Archived