Smooth trip out of Miami

jm1029

Since there have been so many complaints about Miami, I thought it only fair to report on our departure. We had a short taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal to Miami where we were flying Delta. Arrived about 10:00 a.m. for a 1:00 p.m. flight. Hardly anyone there on a Sunday. Went right through TSA where there was no one ahead of us. Hung out in the Delta Sky Club until boarding time - flight left exactly at 1:00.

Don't know if it was because of Delta instead of American, and therefore less of a crowd, but the departure could not have been any better.

Since there have been so many complaints about Miami, I thought it only fair to report on our departure. We had a short taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal to Miami where we were flying Delta. Arrived about 10:00 a.m. for a 1:00 p.m. flight. Hardly anyone there on a Sunday. Went right through TSA where there was no one ahead of us. Hung out in the Delta Sky Club until boarding time - flight left exactly at 1:00.

Don't know if it was because of Delta instead of American, and therefore less of a crowd, but the departure could not have been any better.

We took a flight out of Miami with AA recently and had no problems, no delays, easy bordering, and most importantly a smooth flight.

We took a flight out of Miami with AA recently and had no problems, no delays, easy bordering, and most importantly a smooth flight.

Referencing the bold: Which had absolutely nothing to do with either MIA or AA. And everything to do with the weather, at altitude, along your route.

jm1029 and MikeKam, glad to hear that you both had good flights out of Miami. It's great when things all come together and work well. Unfortunately, not always the case and sometimes more challenging in some airports such as Miami. To me the key is to error on leaving more time for those things that can go wrong and if things go well all the better.

Keith

I'm going to add to this never been to the US before I was very worried about all the airports we visited over the 2wks we were there. JFK, MIA & Atlanta. All were very quick to get through. I would say thought that the Delta staff could doing with been a little more politer with the passengers as not everyone knows how to use the self service desks or how things work.

Having said that Manchester in the uk is not a small airport.

Small edit. we didn't leave anything to chance and all but altanta as it was our transfer airport we did get there more than 2hrs early just to be on the safe side. I can't do the rush rush trip.

• 1 month later...

were you able to get a cab right away once you left the ship?

Archived